Market Garden & Commonwealth DLC Vs. CMFB

I'm obviously new to the forums so, Hallo! Das ist toll! (I'm of German Decent but I actually don't speak it. I just like to sprinkle it in when I write or talk.) 

I've played Combat Mission before and love it! I am a tactical gamer so I love sitting down and making countless scenarios in "Quick Battle" to play out in CMBN.  One thing I want to know is should I buy the Market Garden & Commonwealth DLC or buy CMFB?! I want the public's view as I am at a crossroads and believe me, I am the type to shut out everything and just start screaming "WHAT DO I DO?!" Well, figuratively speaking that is what my brain does.

I've also checked out some of the forums participant's AARs or DAR's. I have to say I love the community here! I have now figured out that I am, again a novice when it comes to Combat Mission. Actually, I wasn't really good at it in the first place. But I had some good inner confidence but that all washed away when I saw the community!

So I hope to see your guys views and opinions on the matter!

NOW FOR THE QUOTE OF THE TOPIC :

"Old Soldiers don't die, they fade away.." - General Douglas MacArthur

Carson

It's a cheap answer, but yes.  You should buy the Market Garden & Commonwealth DLC and CMFB. 

Seriously, the answer depends on what interests you.  CMFB has Sturmtigers, Jagdtigers, Easy Eights & other late war flavor.  Market Garden & Commonwealth has British Churchills, Cromwells and quite a few unit types you won't see elsewhere (Kriegsmarine infantry, etc).  Either is a good choice & neither a bad one.

OMG, I use to live near Chantilly, Va  (Loudoun County-Sterling), and my Dad opened-up a Game Shop there called 'Wargamers Hobby Shop' back in the early 80's. However he sold it in early 90's...Now, I visit the 'Game Parlor' in Chantilly from time to time to keep up with the Hobby. 

I'd definitely by CW & MG now...Then, CMFB at a later date. 

Joe  

Edited by JoMc67

(first off my advice is terrible, i am terrible at these games but love them so much still) Gah thats a complex question there... soooo CW and MG have commonwealth units, so if your after some Canadian/British action i would go with them even if its a bit more expensive, on the other hand I personally have found the scenarios (and QB maps) in FB to be of a higher quality, so it depends what your after. personally I'm a huge Fan of Fortress Italy/Gustave Line which seems to have no love =( but then again i'm a weirdo