Communication line question

jonp

Brighter the Red, the more your Unit is in C&C of the parent HQ.

Also, If you look at your Troops UI, you will also notice Visual & Voice Icons...The closer your unit is to the HQ you may get both Visual & Voice (better C&C communication), but further away you may only get Visual (less C&C communication), and if neither, then (no C&C communication).

I personally don't use the 'Command Lines' option (turn them off), and just go by my Units Visual & Voice Icons to give me an idea of my level of C&C. 

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

11 minutes ago, jonp said:

I could have sworn I had a dark red line yet I still saw symbol for visual range.

Could I be mistaken?

Actually, if your unit is also in Panic or worse, then you may get a Darker Red Line...Unit is simply out of C&C due to being in Bad Shape. 

Edited by JoMc67

Another wrinkle the consider a higher level of command can take control of units as well. For example, if you select a platoon and see that one squad is out of command (dark line) but when you select the squad it shows it is in command that could be from the near by company HQ unit.  The command lines show from the selected unit to its superior and subordinate units but they never show connections two or more levels away.  The in command graphics on the other hand show if any superior HQ has command influence over the selected unit.

@MOS:96B2P has done some nice investigations and has shown the above example nicely.  These are worth a read.

11 hours ago, IanL said:

Another wrinkle the consider a higher level of command can take control of units as well. For example, if you select a platoon and see that one squad is out of command (dark line) but when you select the squad it shows it is in command that could be from the near by company HQ unit.  The command lines show from the selected unit to its superior and subordinate units but they never show connections two or more levels away.  The in command graphics on the other hand show if any superior HQ has command influence over the selected unit.

@MOS:96B2P has done some nice investigations and has shown the above example nicely.  These are worth a read.

Wow, I've got hundreds of hours in with this 'game' and I feel like I'm still learning new things all the time.... Thanks for those links. Definitely some very interesting and very important information there.

19 hours ago, IanL said:

That link to MOS:96B2P's test was a good reminder. He did a fabulous job with that test and showed how well this game simulates a lot of behind the scenes factors. That should get a sticky...

Ken