What should I do to install CMFI ?

I already have CMFI + GL + V 3.0 upgrade on my OS computer. I have few weeks ago installed it again, but in a new  folder (I named it CMFI 110GL) but I have had every time an activation key being required. Not one of my 3 setup keys worked, So I erased my install. What should I do ?

Remaining

Edited by snake_eye

At what point in the install are you attempting to run and activate the game ? If you're installing all of the modules/upgrades, then I would assume that the v 3.0 Upgrade license key and the GL license key would be needed (with the v. 3.0 being needed first). Were these downloads and you're copying-and-pasting the license key from your account ? There are now 'white spaces' or additional characters in the license keys you're submitting, correct ? Do you get a specific error attempting to activate ?

Once a game/module/upgrade has been activated on a computer, it should remain activated (unless you run gsClean on it). Further installations of that game should work, though one exception would be if you installed the base CMFI game and attempted to play it (without upgrading it or installing the GL module). If that had never been activated before, then you would get a request to activate. If you make significant changes to your computer (OS upgrade, hardware changes), then that could cause the license activation to become invalid, requiring you to run the gsClean utility for those games/modules/upgrades.

Thanks Schrullenhaft,

I will install the game in a new folder having another name -CMFI 110GL-  I will try to past V 3.0 key first and so on......I have not noticed the  "white spaces". This time I will have a closer look. I had earlier no specific error besides the "key not valid".

Steve,

I don't know if you recall, but a few months ago we went round for several days trying to get my copy of FI+GL+v3 to work without success. Finally in desperation I simply deleted everything and started over. This has helped solve problems before. This time it was a disaster. When I tried to launch FI, it demanded the activation code. After searching through old e-mails for several hours to find the ones with activation codes, I finally found them. BUT...to continue my plague of problems with this game, when I tried to use it, I received a notice that it was invalid. ISTR that you changed the activation procedure last year, so maybe that is what threw the monkey wrench in. I suppose that I should have reopened the help ticket, but by this time I was sick and tired of the whole mess. So now I have inoperable copies of FI+GL+v3. Do you feel like taking this up again? Apparently I need new activation codes in whatever the new format is.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I think snake_eye's problem is not the same.  However, it might be that there is some overlap.

There was no change in how things work in terms of the licensing.  Nothing about formatting and what not, at least.  There are, however, nuances in each release since each one has the potential for using slightly different licensing code (just like anything based on APIs).  Deleting installations generally doesn't help when issues come up.  In fact, deleting things can often complicate trouble shooting and courses of action.  At the very least it introduces variables that have to be explored.

You should file a Help Desk ticket and mention that I said to push it straight over to me.  I'll see what I can do.

Your license keys, BTW, are always available to you through your online store account.  Log in and go to Order History.  Download links are also maintained there as well.

Steve

39 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

You should file a Help Desk ticket and mention that I said to push it straight over to me.  I'll see what I can do.

Your license keys, BTW, are always available to you through your online store account.  Log in and go to Order History.  Download links are also maintained there as well.

Thanks, Steve. I believe I will check all that out as soon as I can set aside the time to really dig into it.

Michael

Thanks to all of you,

Within few hours I shall  do the install once again and take notes of what I am doing. My license keys are ready for CMFI, GL and V 3.0. The only thing I shall do is to create a folder with a new name "CMF1 110GL". The only thing I noticed in my earlier attempt, was that it had no effect on the original install of CMFI + GL + V 3.0 . That was a good point !

OK, everything now works from V 1.00 + 1.10 + 1.20 (CMFI + GL + V 3.0). No licence key was needed at every install step. The originals DVDs were used for V 1.00 and V 1.10 and the downloaded file for V 1.20 I had since I bought it.

I had already a CMFI + GL + V 3.0 installed in a folder in the program files named "Combat Mission Fortress Italy" and in documents \ Battlefront \ Combat Mission \ Fortress Italy the game files

So I had to give a new name for this second install being done on the computer. Now I have in the program files "CMFI 110GL" (the new named folder) and I still have in Documents the same game files folder. That game files folder is being shared by the two install

During the install I therefore gave a new name for me it was : E\program files \Battlefront\CMFI 110GL and for the program shortcuts for the start menu folder, I have not changed the automatic address done by the install . it is "Battlefront\CMFI 101"

Up to that point everything can be considered correct.

I have now two install having the same patches level on my computer. Before having installed V 3.0 on the new install, the saved I had made with the first install having V 3.0 could not be seen , until it was patched  up to V 3.0. That was normal.

Thanks again to all of you.