What is the verdict QB players?

I think the problem is also that the game gives scenario designers quite limited tools to make those AI plans.

For example, as I understand it I cannot design a QB map to say "ok, Group 1 goes here in the forest, that will preferably be infantry, then group 2 will be some kind of support weapon, which goes here where there's good LOS".

The game can buy various formations and allocate them to various groups, but then it will put an AT gun in the middle of a forest, a tank in the middle of a city facing a wall, etc.

On 7/20/2016 at 1:17 PM, Bulletpoint said:

I think the problem is also that the game gives scenario designers quite limited tools to make those AI plans.

For example, as I understand it I cannot design a QB map to say "ok, Group 1 goes here in the forest, that will preferably be infantry, then group 2 will be some kind of support weapon, which goes here where there's good LOS".

The game can buy various formations and allocate them to various groups, but then it will put an AT gun in the middle of a forest, a tank in the middle of a city facing a wall, etc.

Indeed. Having some sort of "role" field in the element database for the benefit of the AI, which AI script writers can attach to their groups so that plans can be made which take the capabilities of the AI force into account would be a major leap forward in the single-player game. Adding a data field and providing another (multiselectable) dropdown to assign roles to a Group in a plan wouldn't be difficult programming jobs, and the tags for role wouldn't necessarily have any direct effect on unit behaviour, only be a way of the QB designer assigning "appropriate" troop types to their plan elements. Deciding on what the possibliities for "role" might be, and assigning them to the units in the TO&E is probably the largest part of such a project :)