How do you get a vehicle to tow an anti tank gun?

Thanks for the reply.   I tried this but it didn't work.  I clicked on the AT gun, moved the mouse cursor on the truck, bren carrriers and even a jeep but each time the down arrow was red and not green which I understand means that the AT gun cannot be "loaded" on to that vehicle, or am I missing something?

That is what that symbol means.  To tow the gun there has to be enough available seats for the gun crew as well.  What kind of At gun are we talking about here because that matters to.  I do not think a jeep or a bren carrier can handle a 76mm AT gun but a 57mm is no problem.  You want the towing vehicle to be as close to the AT gun as possible.  Gun crews take a long time to move even short distances so once you figure out which vehicle can tow it get that vehicle as close as possible to it.

Ian, as I indicated, I also moved the mouse cursor over the truck which is a Bedford QLD GS seating 13.  The AT gun is indeed a 76 mm with a crew of 6 so there should be plenty of space.  I also tried to "load" the 2 man ATG Ammo bearer for this gun on to the truck but again it showed the red arrow.  In my next pbem move I will move the truck directly beside the AT gun to see if that makes any difference.  Maybe the problem is that this particular truck is carrying ammo although it does show 13 empty seats.

6 hours ago, IanL said:

Wait that is still odd. I am not aware of a restriction on which trucks in game can tow a gun.  Is that expected behaviour that only assigned trucks can tow AT guns?

Maybe they only have to belong to the same unit. If so, this might be following the logic that decrees that teams can only recombine with other teams from the same squad.

Michael

It caught me by surprise too.  I have never had an issue with loading infantry on any vehicle regardless of what unit the truck or infantry belonged to.  This last turn  the AT gun crew,  along with it's two man ammo support  loaded on to the truck with the A Battery designation and the AT gun is now being towed as well.

The only comparable situation I have encountered is with  tank crews that  abandoned their tank.  When they recover their morale they can only re-crew their original tank and not others that have been abandoned.