Grenades, MG Ammo and HMG?

WOW after all this time I've only just noticed a HMG unit doesn't actually show any parts of the HMG until it's set up. I also thought grenades where shown on Inf uniforms and got used up but again doesn't seem so. Finally I think HMG ammo bearers should have bands of ammo on them.

So I'd love to see this in the future. Esp not being able to see the HMG on the soldiers so it looks like they must have some kind of magic bag they pull it from.

Edited by Wodin

4 minutes ago, Wodin said:

Finally I think HMG ammo bearers should have bands of ammo on them.

That was not normally how an HMG team would carry the ammo. The belted ammo would normally be carried in metal boxes. Could you be thinking of how members of a German squad were often photographed swathed with belts for the squad LMG?

Michael

2 hours ago, Wodin said:

WOW after all this time I've only just noticed a HMG unit doesn't actually show any parts of the HMG until it's set up. I also thought grenades where shown on Inf uniforms and got used up but again doesn't seem so. Finally I think HMG ammo bearers should have bands of ammo on them.

So I'd love to see this in the future. Esp not being able to see the HMG on the soldiers so it looks like they must have some kind of magic bag they pull it from.

MG units should have one trooper carrying the Big Gun. If this isn't the case in your install, it might be worth filing a support ticket.

I mostly play the Axis, so I'm used to seeing the MG42 in someone's hands in an HMG squad - but this might be because they can still fire it undeployed, so it needs to be shown.

Allied HMG's - I can't say, but I think you're right, it's not shown.

Probably an early design decision to save rendering ( why show something that can't be used ? ) much like mortar tubes are only seen when deployed.

I was looking at the American HMG units at the start of the campaign..not the Courage one the other one..can't remember the name now.

I do have an issue I think with my install as I'm getting letters missing etc. So will re install.

15 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

That was not normally how an HMG team would carry the ammo. The belted ammo would normally be carried in metal boxes. Could you be thinking of how members of a German squad were often photographed swathed with belts for the squad LMG?

Michael

That's right..silly me. Well I suppose I'd like to see them carrying the boxes:)

Infact would be cool if they opened the boxes and there was a loading animation. One area I'd love to see improved is Inf animations. I'd pay for a expansion pack that just consisted of improved animations.

Also I keep forgetting to take out my Z folder before I patch!!! 

OK just realised the reason I didn't see the USA HMG was because the soldier that has it had started off holding a pistol. Sill would be cool to see the HMG go across his should or where ever he put it if using his pistol.

Edited by Wodin