Wind conditions in QBS

2 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

Is there anyway to no for certain what wind conditions your getting in a quick battle?Wind conditions seem to be totally random unless Im missing something.

Not until map and forces have been selected. Once you are in the set-up phase of the first turn, you can click on Menus and check Conditions, but not before then.

Michael

@Michael Emrys is correct you cannot specify wind conditions. I played around with this this morning.  It is random and seems to be tied to ground conditions in some way.  Now I only started 10 QB battles 5 with light snow and 5 with damp ground conditions so this is orders of magnitude short of the testing required to say definitively.  So keep that in mind.

Here are the results form my runs:

Weather    Temperature    Ground Condition     Wind
Clear    Cold           Light snow            Heavy from N
Clear    Freezing    Light snow            Medium from NW
Clear    Freezing    Light snow            None from SW
Clear    Freezing    Light snow            Medium from NW
Clear    Freezing    Light snow            Light from S

Clear    Freezing    Damp                Gentle from SE
Clear    Freezing    Damp                Gentle from E
Clear    Freezing    Damp                Medium from SE
Clear    Freezing    Damp                Light from NW
Clear    Freezing    Damp                Medium from SE

You can specify the weather and the ground conditions but the Temperature and the Wind are then randomly set - probably also tied into the date but I did not even touch that.

At times I have thought there might be a pattern to the random wind conditions in QB map loads.  

While looking for a good QB map for a PBEM I will sometimes load the same map two or three times.  I am in a mirrored PBEM now and I loaded the map at least twice to check it out.  I selected Day & Clear.  While checking out the map I don't know what the wind conditions were but I know they were not heavy.  I wear a headset (wife finds automatic gunfire, explosions and the screams of wounded distracting) and the sound of heavy wind during set up is irritating.  I also wonder if the trees swaying back and forth may impact game performance.  So if the wind is heavy it is one of the first things I notice after opening the map.  

So the first two times (at least) that I opened the same map under the exact same selectable conditions the wind was something other than heavy.  When I went back and loaded the same map with the exact same conditions for both (mirrored) PBEM games the wind for both was Heavy East.  

Whatever the cause & effect is for wind (if there is any) I would love to figure it out.      

2 hours ago, MarkEzra said:

When making the qb maps I usually sit the wind to none. When scrolling for a QP map on the right hand side below the picture you will see all the original set of data

Mark, I was hoping you might notice this thread and comment. 

I just took a look at CMFI and CMBS QB maps.  To the right of the picture and below the picture some information is listed but none of the information has to do with wind conditions ................. unless I am not understanding.  And even if the "original" wind conditions were listed they are randomly changed for Quick Battles I believe.

Do you know of a way to tell beforehand what the wind conditions on a QB map will be?  Is there a pattern or some type of predictable logic to it?     

Thanks for all the great maps. :)

17 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

And even if the "original" wind conditions were listed they are randomly changed for Quick Battles I believe.

Correct

Do you know of a way to tell beforehand what the wind conditions on a QB map will be?  Is there a pattern or some type of predictable logic to it?     

No way to control it - only influence.  There does not seem to be a pattern.

Thanks for all the great maps. :)

+1