Remember the "Bridge Crossing Bug"?

I'm trying to finish the KG Peiper attack on Stavelot, the 3rd Battle of the Campaign. The stone bridge that leads into Stavelot proper allowed some German AFVs to cross. the majority were caught in that Bridge Crossing Bug that we've seen before but was fixed.

What happens is that the vehicle travels a bit forward across the bridge, then it is snapped back like a rubber band in an infinite loop of a few yards of forward progress and snap back to the starting point.

Is this the proper place to ask for assistance with this problem?

Thanks.

Doggone it, Chris!  I have a bunch of files saved on the exact turns that the problem occurred and the bug won't repeat itself. It is as though rebooting the game cured the problem.  

I can tell you that the problem was persistent. for some vehicles. For 2 or 3 consecutive turns, it would rubber band, then I'd reverse completely back off of the bridge and approach it again next turn on SLOW. This worked about half of the time, so, after a few turns of backing off and slowly approaching the bridge again, a vehicle would cross successfully.

But, I have to say that the bug will not repeat itself in any of my saved game files. Can one of these files still be of use to you?

Yea I saw this too on same bridge and Mission.  Sorry no Save left but in my case I had halted a HT in the middle of the bridge and then it was stuck when I tried to move it again.   I had to go back a Save and then made it cross Fast with no issue.  There are numerous vehicles in this Mission so I have never stopped anybody on the bridge again and just rush across to hopefully not get stuck.  So far has worked and everything crossed with no problem.  

Well in my case this exact bridge was clear of wreckage, but, a few US trucks and an M18 were wrecked just at the German side of the bridge entry tile.

It could be that the bug is triggered when a vehicle must Pause on the bridge as is common when in a convoy. I don't know.

19 hours ago, Champagne said:

Doggone it, Chris!  I have a bunch of files saved on the exact turns that the problem occurred and the bug won't repeat itself. It is as though rebooting the game cured the problem.  

I can tell you that the problem was persistent. for some vehicles. For 2 or 3 consecutive turns, it would rubber band, then I'd reverse completely back off of the bridge and approach it again next turn on SLOW. This worked about half of the time, so, after a few turns of backing off and slowly approaching the bridge again, a vehicle would cross successfully.

But, I have to say that the bug will not repeat itself in any of my saved game files. Can one of these files still be of use to you?

I'll try to reproduce it, thanks for the detailed information everyone.