impssible mission(market garden)

The Heuman lock bridge mission is impossible now . I have tried about 40 times. Every time i am wiped out !!!   which means i am stuck on progress.  The German heavy machine guns are un suppressible and there is no way of dislodging the bunker .... In all my attempts i have never even got to the bridge ....   I think since the game has been upgraded this mission has become too unbalanced!! would someone car to try it please . Also how is the campaign affected if i take a total defeat on this mission?? 

Small update. I was playing 3.11 i have upgraded to 3.12 and this unbalance has been addressed according to the readme !!   The concrete bunker has been changed to wood and German moral has been lowered..  All i have had time to do is reload this mission from the end of the previous mission and the bunker still appears to be concrete in appearance .  

Edited by evo6tme

6 hours ago, evo6tme said:

Small update. I was playing 3.11 i have upgraded to 3.12 and this unbalance has been addressed according to the readme !!   The concrete bunker has been changed to wood and German moral has been lowered..  All i have had time to do is reload this mission from the end of the previous mission and the bunker still appears to be concrete in appearance .  

The save file will use the campaign version you started on. The only way to get a 'wood bunker' in this case is would be restart the campaign.

If I remember the mission, yes it's extremly tough. You may have some smoke rounds in your mortars which may help block LOS from some enemy firebases. The key here is to provide incredible ammounts of surpressive fire before sending a platoon forward with demo charges to assault the bunker itself. Even the crew of a concrete bunker will be pinned inside keeping their heads down, if you keep up the fire from most of a company of angry US Paratroopers. :)

14 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Hey Para, you can use Mad Mike's Scenario and Campaign Organizer utility.  You can extract all the battles in a campaign with it.  It's been around for quite a few years, actually.  Hopefully, it's been uploaded to the new Scenario Depot III.

Cheers!

cheers mjkerner

now i shall go and try and find it 

Great, glad you found it, John.  I usually get too impatient to finish out a campaign, but at least with this organizer, I have probably a hundred-plus more scenarios across all CM titles and modules to play.  Btw, the same utility can be used on all CMx2 games. You don't need to dld separate ones for each game.