The Henschel King Tiger in the patch

A heads-up to 3rd party mods users. The Henschel King Tiger got altered in the patch. So current 3rd party KT mods will need to get updated.

The most obvious change is addition of spare track links on the turret sides, which older mod art wouldn't have. Also the rear engine deck was changed significantly and the turret front/mantlet shape got tweaked too. Basically, they gave you the improved Bulge KT model for free.

Ach! I should have taken some screenshots. I'll be back

Edited by MikeyD

Here's the screenshots pointing out the model changes. Like a dope I forgot to turn on anti-aliasing and shaders so its not the best quality, but you get the point.

Old 3rd party mods will be VERY close but won't quite do the trick.The mesh screens over the engine deck air intakes are now gone (they're now only on the Porsche turret KT).

KT 1.jpg

KT2.jpg

Thanks for the heads up MikeyD.

The Henschel King Tiger is a BEAST on the battlefield and much fun to fire up ?

I am sure some of the 3rd party modders are going to enjoy working with Henschel King Tiger. 

Buzz

The front looks really good! Someone must've had a sharp eye for detail to get the barrel/mantlet positioning just right like that.

:) :) 

Hey, the model-building elves in CM are amazing. I still love seeing the steering levers and whatnot INSIDE some of the tanks. Holy cow...

And, for all the nay-sayers who ding this series, what OTHER game understands and shows the difference of having mesh coverings, or not, on their King Tiger engine decks?

Ken