Vehicles get stuck

This is probably nothing new, but I ask nevertheless:

Recently (Well, if four ocassions in 2 years are "recently"), I managed to get vehicles stuck in buildings and Bocage.

Two incidents in Buron, where a 251 first got stuck in a building. Then, after 10min or so, it became free, backed up and is now caught in a square of Bocage, walls and buildings and can't leave whatever I do.

One in Mortville, where a 251 managed to break through a Bocage and is now caught in this square since a long time.

The last one was Pz IV in CMFI, which got stuck in a wall and would not get out.

Is there any way to avoid this (appart from staying clear, of course)?

Or is there any way to get out off such traps?

Wow you had a vehicle become free from a building?  That I have never seen before.  My experience (limited to I think three or four times) is not you can never get out if you get stuck.  Honestly the very best thing you can do is report it here with a saved game and someone can reporting it internally.  Sometimes there is a fix that can be done.

Do you have a save that shows this?  Better yet do you have a save of the orders that got your vehicles stuck? 

Hi Ian

Nope, I don't have the files anymore. The only thing I could show you, is the actual situation with the trapped vehicles.

In the Buron case, I remember, I wanted to turn the 251 right at a street crossing. However, I just plotted "A to  B" and the idiots raced straight through a wall and next into the building. Like in real life, I let it rock back and forth. After a while, it became free on a back track,

@IanL: IIRC I reported this bug to you some six months ago, along with a save file. Did you pass it on to BFC? Did they have a look at it? I had hopes that the 3.12 patch would squash it but from the patch notes it seems not so. I have not yet updated, but encountered the bug again just a few weeks ago in the German MG-campaign.

I really recommend reporting any bugs you guys find directly to Battlefront through their official help desk. They do respond and it's the best way to make sure it gets to their attention. One of the bugs I reported was just fixed in the 3.12 patch.

I long shied away from reporting bugs through the help desk because I thought it would be a lot of trouble, but it's really not that hard once you sit down and dig up your old help desk password.

The more people reporting a particular bug, the bigger chance it will get fixed. Always remember to add a save game with the bug report if you can. 

@IanL: IIRC I reported this bug to you some six months ago, along with a save file. Did you pass it on to BFC? Did they have a look at it? I had hopes that the 3.12 patch would squash it but from the patch notes it seems not so. I have not yet updated, but encountered the bug again just a few weeks ago in the German MG-campaign.

Yes, it was passed along.  The issue is that the cause is not always generic.  In other words a fix for one "vehicle gets stuck in a building" does not fix all possible cases. This is similar to the wondering solider bugs that we see from time to time.  They still happen but it is not because the previously found problem was not fixed it was because the same result can happen many ways and they get fixed as they get found.