Rediscovering CMA

Erwin

After reinstalling all the CM2 games (only CMSF still to do) I have been really enjoying playing some CMA. 

Re Campaigns:  The "Invasion" campaign is not that great nor is "Salang Blues" - rather repetitive.  However, I just started "1985 The Bloody Days" and that may have possibilities to be good.  "Competent Incompetence" campaign is also good. 

There are also some xnt standalone scenarios.  Really enjoyed Snake Eyes' "The Road Of All Fears".  He has also done some xnt scenarios for CMSF.  "CMA Snowy Village" is a single scenario that for some reason the designer did as a campaign.  Only started that and that also seems good so far. 

"1985 The Bloody Days" is proving problematic/disappointing.  Not sure if it was playtested properly.  Basically, it seems like one gets virtually no replacements or ammo resupply for one's core company.  The Russian squads only have 5 guys and a platoon consists of two squads and an HQ - so maybe only 15 guys.   So, casualties really hurt, and they do not seem to be replaced for the next mission.  I must have taken too many in mission 1, as I felt I already had insufficient forces by the 2nd mission. 

The missions themselves seem interesting, and there does not seem to be any penalty for Cease Firing one's way thru the campaign to get to the missions one wants to play with a full company.  So, I may end up doing that.

• 2 months later...