bug list to send

Did some more tests. Here´s data to compare (not considering depth of craters, which appears always to be in same relation to crater width, which is approx. 1:5). I measured with my (1x1m) ground mesh grass mod, so figures are quite accurate. With exception of marsh terrain, which does not get craters applied, figures are the same for all other ground terrain types (grass, sand, hard, pavement...)

German SC 50kg    8-9m /  ~26-29ft
German SC 250kg    16m / ~52ft
German SC 500kg    20m / ~65ft

US 500lb ANM64    16m /  ~52ft
US 1000lb ANM44   20m /  ~65ft

Ge 210mm Mrs18     9m / ~29ft
Ge Nw 42 (300mm)  13m /  ~42ft

US M1 240mm    11m / ~36ft
US 14"/356mm    14m / ~45ft

The craters are all somewhat over sized I´d say and what I´d propose would be some refinement of crater sizes and related ground mesh deformations. I.e the 300mm Nebelwerfer popbably shouldn´t create such a deep crater (2,5m) than a comparable size artillery shell, which penetrates deeper into the ground.

Edit: The CMBN test mission (german player) can be grabbed below and the grid mod from the link posted here:

German Bomb Test.btt

Edited by RockinHarry

Really...the argument is over whether its 4 or 6 times the width of a jeep.  Is there not enough content in these games that this is what the discussion has come to?   I  mean come on...Is this how you spend your spare time?  Measuring the width of craters and jeeps on screen.

Let's not worry about gun elevation, action spot anomalies, fire, etc.  Let's really dig up stuff to be fussy about.  If was Steve, I'd quit after reading this thread.  To each his own, but at some point I have to just shake my head.

I'm looking forward to your constructive comments on anything you deem worthy to discuss :)

I've done it on gun elevation, action spots, etc.  Go back starting in 2004 an on.

And the sideways mortar rounds that required actually zooming in and replaying over and over again...some groundbreaking stuff there that will move the entire genre forward.

Edited by Thewood1

And the sideways mortar rounds that required actually zooming in and replaying over and over again...some groundbreaking stuff there that will move the entire genre forward.

You can always just skip over threads like that if they bother you that much. I mean come on...Is this how you spend your spare time?

• 2 weeks later...