ATGM Behaivor

db_zero

Has anyone seen AT-14 launch from within buildings. I haven't seen it happen yet and my opponent who is very experienced with a lot of games played asked me the same question, so I'm wondering if that is WAD.

Also I've seen my Javelin launched at an HQ infantry unit in a building. I've also seen opponents fire and hit my AT-14 team out in the open. I would think that a weapon like the Javelin would be saved for armored targets and not be used for plinking grunts, but I may be wrong about that. I suppose an AT-14 team is a legitimate target. Infantry squads in buildings if you have a limited number of missiles and enemy armor is present idk...

So, javelins do get used against infantry. Both in the open and in buildings. Apparently it is fairly common in real life. The tac AI was adjusted to strongly favour armour targets. But it will still fire against infantry, especially in buildings. They will get used occasionally against infantry in the open but much less often.

So, javelins do get used against infantry. Both in the open and in buildings. Apparently it is fairly common in real life. The tac AI was adjusted to strongly favour armour targets. But it will still fire against infantry, especially in buildings. They will get used occasionally against infantry in the open but much less often.

Interesting...

Hmm, I know the 1.03 patch notes says AT-14 can now be fired inside building, I haven't seen it happened so far. Maybe because of campaign or scenarios I've played so far doesn't give much chance to do so.

From my experience, Javelin rarely automatically fire at infantry target in CMBS. If my memory is correct, I only saw this case once or twice. I understand that it is painful to waste precious missile to infantry when this rarity happens.