Come to the Dark Side

db_zero

Just really started to get into Black Sea and playing some h2h and I'm finding I like playing the Russians more that the Americans. Maybe I need more games under my belt to really get a feel, but at least IMO so far they are not pushovers and in urban fights they are very tough opponents.

Just really started to get into Black Sea and playing some h2h and I'm finding I like playing the Russians more that the Americans. Maybe I need more games under my belt to really get a feel, but at least IMO so far they are not pushovers and in urban fights they are very tough opponents.

agreed, Russian infantry especially can put out a tremendous amount of firepower initially. Those RPGs can ruin your whole day. 

If you are after some more REDFOR vs AI, try @SeinfieldRules Bradley Speedhump scenario

Playing that now. Already lost a vehicle. Those Javelins are murderous. The Russian squads don't appear to have anything like it. Any armor beyond RPG range or an Abhram is going to be difficult for Russian infantry to deal with.

agreed, Russian infantry especially can put out a tremendous amount of firepower initially. Those RPGs can ruin your whole day. 

The RPG seems pretty deadly against Americn infantry in buildings. There are 2 different types of warhead for it? Is one specialized for use against infantry?

Russian squads can put out firepower, but American infantry especially in buildings seem pretty resilient. They sometimes seem like Robocops-they can withstand alot of bullets flying their way.

Given that the building simulation is abstract (this means that the real "defence bonus" a unit gets while standing inside a building in game is given by more factors than the large empty room you see with your eyes), we should also remember that CMBS simulates the use of passive personnel defensive equipment, which isn't just helmets, such ballistic protections often lead to a lightly wounded soldier in a situation where a WW2 soldier would have been killed; therefore, despite the number of highly deadly weapons in the modern warfare the single soldier has, in most -but not- all situations, a higher survivalability than he could 60 years ago 

Anyway, RPGs have HE/fragmentation warheads and thermobaric munitions, the first are very effective in covering a large area with "shrapnel", the second are extremely Dangerous when used against closed spaces; let's not forget that the HEAT warheads are effective against buildings and walls as well as vehicles.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)