Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Tank Fails

db_zero

Pretty funny-unless you happened to be one of those in the video that got your car damaged. Have to wonder if insurance would cover that-if you have any in where this took place. As for those tanks that didn't quite make it onto the transporters you have to wonder how unpleasant it was to be inside.

The common theme I saw in this video is that Russia needs some dedicated tank transport flatbeds instead of relying upon civilian ones ;)  As someone who has tracked vehicles, and has moved them on/off trailers many times, I have to say I have never liked doing it.  Too many things can go wrong.

The out of control BMP at a military vehicle show is the one that makes me cringe the most.  The poor little Iltis!!

Steve

Civilian transporter trucks are scary.  Getting on the HETs was always a little twitchy simply because it's a somewhat delicate procedure to make sure everything is lined up right, but it's a truck designed from bumper to bumper to transport Abrams and similar vehicles, and manned by dudes who load AFVs for a living.*  Some random civilian lowboy operator almost always goes through the process in which something almost breaks catastrophically, or is obviously only marginally able to accomplish mission (like adorable little wooden braces, or tracks hanging scarily off the sides of the trailer).  

*Especially the Korean Service Corps dudes, their ability to load/unload vehicles is almost supernatural, although their odd uniform wearing habits and mandatory smoke breaks while driving are a little odd.  On the other hand once you get to the upload location, minus drivers, once you've figured out what truck you're loading on you're pretty much good to hop on the truck and go to sleep until you get to your destination.