Rear Turret Mgs

jtsjc1

COOL!!!  How did you make it fire the rear coax?  Target Light from the back of the tank? (this may make the turret rotate)  Or do you just have to leave it to the AI to do when the AI thinks it is appropriate? 

Its easy, just be dumb enough to get your tank attacked by infantry to the rear. thus the perfect situation to see that MG fire.

But seriously, it is cool. I forgot any late model Russian tanks had this, I knew many early war models did.

So it is nice to see it functioning

Edited by slysniper

Its easy, just be dumb enough to get your tank attacked by infantry to the rear. thus the perfect situation to see that MG fire.

But seriously, it is cool. I forgot any late model Russian tanks had this, I knew many early war models did.

So it is nice to see it functioning

To set up this test, I ordered my tank to light or normal fire ahead while it advanced and put some targets to it's rear. The AI did the rest. If you use a target order the Turret will rotate to that direction.

I wonder if there would be the same result with  American vehicles with rear facing AA HMG's?

Edited by Kuderian
add

Interesting. I guess it depends on how much of a threat the AI thinks the rear targets are. Though I would like to be able to target with the rear coax and not have the turret rotate. Nice to see BFC got this detail right. I can't wait to see some unsuspecting troops sneaking up with a PF get zapped! Not sure about the US vehicles with rear facing AAMG. I'm going to have to try it.