If I upgrade CMBN to V3, will it convert installation to master installer version?

Well, as the topic says.. I only have CMBN so far. If I download the V3 upgrade, will that then install the Master Installer version of the game, with CMBN activated, plus the V3 upgrade activated?

What about the previous installation, will that be converted somehow, or will I have to manually uninstall it before I begin the V3 install?

I think if you download the master installer you can buy then commonwealth module and you input your code and it might be 3.0 at that point, if not, buy the 3.0 upgrade and input that code and it will be current (don't forget the 3.11) patch.

4.0 is, according to Steve, only going to be started sometime in the future as they are working on Bulge, CMFI, etc. Don't hold back for it unless you're prepared to wait a year perhaps. 

I think if you download the master installer you can buy then commonwealth module and you input your code and it might be 3.0 at that point, if not, buy the 3.0 upgrade and input that code and it will be current (don't forget the 3.11) patch.

So where can I download the Master Installer? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just don't see it on the Battlefront site :) Do you mean download the CMBN again, and then it will come down as the Master Installer version?

And do I need to uninstall my existing game files before doing this? I don't want to uninstall in case something screws up and the new installation doesn't work for whatever technical reason..

4.0 is, according to Steve, only going to be started sometime in the future as they are working on Bulge, CMFI, etc. Don't hold back for it unless you're prepared to wait a year perhaps. 

Ah ok, I assumed the Bulge title would be based on a new engine version. 

Edited by Bulletpoint

When you buy the 30 upgrade you will get the master installer as the download. You can install it in a separate directory from the location you currently are using. I often have multiple versions of games installed, it works fine.

After that buying the C module will only require an activation and not an additional download. 

Steve has said that the Bulge game will use the v3 engine so waiting for v4 will take a while. 

Bf website for CMBN says:

1- every full version download will always be up to date from now on and always include the latest updates. No need to patch after purchase. And if you need to re-install at some later point, simply re-download your purchase and you will always have the latest version without the need to apply individual patches.

2- every full version download including a base game purchase, or the 3.0 Upgrade, now contains the full master installer for the entire family including all modules and packs. This means if you purchase just the base game, and later decide to purchase a module, you will not have to download anything at all! All you'll need is the license key from your purchase to unlock the module content which you'll already have!

3- we implemented this system retroactively for all 3.0 Engine Upgrade purchases! Your store download for that purchase now points to a full master installer, including all of the content for Normandy, updated to v3.11. If you ever need to reinstall, that's the only thing you need. And, as per 1- above, this download will always remain up to date in the future.

So just to clarify on the v3.11 patch - point 3 above  ... you get that automatically with either / both of the v3 upgrade or new v3 purchase ...

I think the principle is that you always get the latest patched version with any purchase, so that you don't buy something and then immediately have to patch it to be current.