CM: Black Sea - not allowed to buy your product?

Northrop

Dear Publishers/Admins/(Devs?)

I am a big fan of your games and products. I find it disappointing that I can not access and purchase any of your games using Battlefront.com. WHy? As you are not allowing me to. Why? I would love to know Why. As I have discovered there is many users like me (e.g. in Poland where I live) having the same problems with your site/platform (no-access). I have found some infromations in the web that you are blocking some huge number of IPs for some security reasons. It is hard to understand what are the reasons as you are blocking harmless, potential customer IPs like mine. It is even harder to understand as you are not some minor publisher with some unknown titles in the portfolio who can just ignore hundreds of the potential customers.

I would appreciate your comment/answer telling me how can I buy CM: Black Sea on your website. Asnwers like "Use your friend computer" or "Change your IP" are not what I expect from a professional publisher like you.

I realy hope you will be able to help me.

Best regards,
--
Mike
Edited by Northrop

I don't speak for BFC but this has come up from time to time.  Here are two threads that might help you understand what is going on:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/106054-battlefront-site-blocked/

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/112819-blocked-battlefront-site/

Their website no longer has an email address on the contact page - only forms you can fill out - but of course you cannot get there.  Doh!

Thank you IanL! :) Appreciate your help.

As I have just read both threads I have question to Administrator: how it is possible that all other companies/publishers/e-shops are dealing with this problem (spam from countries like China, Poland, Russia etc.) somehow (by not cutting hundreds of users off) and you do not? You are the only website I can not access to. Are you sure you are good at what you are doing if you can not suggest/find any other solution and you even not try to? Is this official BTC policy​/regulation?

Edited by Northrop

I am sorry you are caught up in the blacklist. Email me your IP number (if it is fixed) to support@battlefront.com and I'll see if I can unblock it. However, it might not be us. I had a user Russian user a few weeks ago who is blocked from seeing our website but his IP range is *not* in our blacklist. In fact, he gave me 9 different IP ranges (he had a dynamic IP) and none of them were in our blacklist. Meaning that some relay server between his ISP and our server blocked him. We have no control over that.

If there were a perfect way to have security and not potentially block customers, we'd happily sign up for it. But we do not have the resources to actively monitor our defenses like larger companies do. Therefore, we have a choice between a potentially over reactive (mostly) automated defense system or putting ourselves at risk of being hacked. Since we put the current systems in place after someone from China took over our server and demanded ransom money, we've opted for the potentially over reactive option.

Steve

Northrop,

Welcome aboard!

You have now experienced the astounding level of personalized service BFC provides its customers and those desiring to become customers. Frankly, there are times I stand in awe of it. I, too, you see, have received exactly that sort of help from Steve. Offhand, I can't name any other game firm as well established as BFC in which something like that would happen.

Regards,

John Kettler