Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

First person

The "First Person" camera that the upgrade talks about are the "FPS Controls" option - this is using WASD and the mouse to move the camera around as in a first person shooter, rather than the default controls, which are more like CAD software in implementation.

Personally, I've always been fine with the default, but each to their own.

Would be nice sometimes eyeballing the ground from individual soldiers viewpoint indeed. I guess with the current camera and optics setup in the game engine, putting the camera further down would lead to serious clipping geometry issues, as sometimes can be experienced when moving the cam close to objects. I help myself by (s key) moving the cam backwards from a certain viewpoint and then use the zoom key (x) to visually get back to that position again for getting halfway to eyeball level. Works best, when the terrain to the rear is sloping down or the unit is in the upper story of a building.

It'd be nice to be able to step through an element's eyeball views... except perhaps the loader in tanks that have no vision devices for that position :) But just getting down to actual eye level for infantry (the eye level that's going to determine what the LOS tool shows, in case of potential conflicts), or the "right" eye level for a given vehicle's gun would, indeed, be most welcome.