Infantry movement

Womble, I agree to agree, and agree to disagree with your analysis of my analysis :)  . When it comes to MOVE certainly it is not the best choice if speed is of the essence, but I have had good use for it at certain times.

Yes Assault really should be called "Bounding", but Assault sounds better. Here too I have had success with the command even when assaulting building in WEGO, but the key to make it work better I think is a waypoint right outside the building. One team stays on overwatch while the other enters. Some times I split, and do that too. That is what is great about the game is it gives each player more than one way to command and control the units to preference

I want the game interface to translate my tactical plan as efficiently and quickly as possible. Personally, i don't find issuing 5 million little incremental commands, some of which have to be timed perfectly, all that enjoyable or realistic. 50% of this game is abstracted, and yet the infantry needs to be babysat with littlest of things. Throwing grenades prior to entry is the most basic of SOPs during active FIBUA operstions. I don't mind splitting squads, it's essential in fact, but perfectly aligning and timing every little breach with multiple elements is way more attention than an infantry section deserves.

I'm pretty sure that i'm playing the right game btw, being a loyal customer since Beyond Overlord. But infantry combat has not had any radical changes towards user-friendliness and more natural flow for 8 years now. Shock Force blobs became slighly tighter Black Sea blobs.

I want the game interface to translate my tactical plan as efficiently and quickly as possible. Personally, i don't find issuing 5 million little incremental commands, some of which have to be timed perfectly, all that enjoyable or realistic. 50% of this game is abstracted, and yet the infantry needs to be babysat with littlest of things. Throwing grenades prior to entry is the most basic of SOPs during active FIBUA operstions. I don't mind splitting squads, it's essential in fact, but perfectly aligning and timing every little breach with multiple elements is way more attention than an infantry section deserves.

I'm pretty sure that i'm playing the right game btw, being a loyal customer since Beyond Overlord. But infantry combat has not had any radical changes towards user-friendliness and more natural flow for 8 years now. Shock Force blobs became slighly tighter Black Sea blobs.

Agreed, Would be great if infantry and can throw a smoke grenade or grenade prior to entering to flush out enemies from buildings. 

Edited by VladimirTarasov

How does an infantry element determine whether it's entering a contested building or not? Or does the TacAI just pause and throw a grenade any time it's told to enter a building? Cos that couldn't go wrong, could it? Right now, it's under your control, even under Assault movement: you give them a Target order when some of them are at a waypoint adjacent to a building if you want them to shoot (and throw grenades) into the building. and not if you don't. The first team to get to that waypoint will hose the place from close range and throw grenades if they've plenty of them, and the next team up will leapfrog past them into the building, if you put a waypoint inside.

But you're still using "Assault" for purposes for which it's not suited. And automation like you're asking for isn't going to happen any time soon, because of the times when it simply wouldn't be appropriate. Assault is a shortcut for bounding overwatch, and I don't see why you expect it to do anything more. It's not like splitting your squad and doing the micro is going to break your fingers or anything, and it's going to be more effective and appropriate than any generic TacAI behaviour, because you can tailor your moves. And they don't have to be "perfectly timed" you have a good 30s once you've achieved a pin, and if you're a bit early getting there, the defenders are probably sufficiently suppressed, and they soon will be if you use  your autofire weapons at close range on their location. You make it sound like it's difficult. It's not.

I recall when BFC first transitioned from CMSF to CMBN. The change from modern full body armor to guys in their shirtsleeves and tin pots on their heads was AMAZING! It seemed almost impossible to exhaust those men in comparison. Also, June 1944 you weren't exactly fighting in 120 degree heat or lugging around Javelin missiles either. CMBS we're back again to heavy body armor and missiles but at least in Ukraine we're not wilting under the scorching desert heat. So they're somewhat less likely to collapse from fatigue.

Assaulting buildings is difficult because... assaulting buildings is difficult. MOUT is just about the hardest thing there is to do, especially if you're facing similarly trained opponents. As to 'micromanaging', that's another word for 'playing the game'. No, the game won't simply run on autopilot. If you want your men to target a building you still have to give the 'target' command. That's hardly a burdensome requirement.

The problem with stacking up before entering a building is just I dont think it works with the current way pixeltruppen shoot out of buildings. Aslong as there are windows along an entire wall of a building the guys inside can shoot anything near them. Even shooting downstairs and upstairs several storries. The guys stacking cannot take cover inbetween windows or beside a door.