Artilllery denied from spotters

Euri

A two member US Forward observer team took one casualty. At that time artillery was denied. It seemed normal to me at that point. When the healthy member took care his wounded comrade, I noticed that the surviving member now had on him 1) a radio, 2) binoculars and 3) a PDA. But atfer ten minutes from the incident he is still denied of artillery. Is this a bug?

Edited by Euri

Just had this happen in a game in CMRT. Observer was the casualty, and despite tHe radioman picking up the binoculars from buddy aid, he could not call arty. Which means, as the Russians MUST use observers for off nap arty, that I have a lot of wasted points! :D

Edited by Bud_B

It has always been this way in CMx2. Most FO teams have a single (I've never seen more than one, but am entirely sanguine that there may be such units) "Leader" or "Observer". That individual pTruppe is the only one with support call privileges. In the same way that if the Leader in a HQ dies, and there's no XO to take over, the HQ loses all support call privileges. The flipside is that losing the radio doesn't prevent the Observer from reaching their support assets in any way.

It has always been this way in CMx2. Most FO teams have a single (I've never seen more than one, but am entirely sanguine that there may be such units) "Leader" or "Observer". That individual pTruppe is the only one with support call privileges. In the same way that if the Leader in a HQ dies, and there's no XO to take over, the HQ loses all support call privileges. The flipside is that losing the radio doesn't prevent the Observer from reaching their support assets in any way.

Yep, in my game I put two and two together what was happening, just didn't expect it. Such lovely Katyushas waiting to slam my opponent!! :D