'Bout Them 'Roos

Ingame I noticed they are modeled with a pintle hook.  Next stop, You Tube & Google.  I looked at a bunch of vids & pix of both the M7 and 'Roo's.  As near as I could tell it was kind of a random thing, some did and some didn't have the standard pintle hook.  I didn't see a single pix of a 'Roo towing something.  Maybe it was just SOP to not tow guns with a 'Roo.  It would seem to be a bit of a bear for gun crew to load all of their kit into such a high sided vehicle (compared to say, a Loyd carrier). 

Yeah, every A-Tk gun came with its own dedicated towing vehicle, either a Lloyd Carrier (for the 6-pr) or the Crusader tractor for 17-pr or one of the wheeled 15cwt tractors.

There was basically no requirement for 'roos to be used as tractors.

Yeah, every A-Tk gun came with its own dedicated towing vehicle, either a Lloyd Carrier (for the 6-pr) or the Crusader tractor for 17-pr or one of the wheeled 15cwt tractors.

There was basically no requirement for 'roos to be used as tractors.

My understanding matches up with JonS. They were never intended nor required to be a towing vehicle of any kind. Remember they were hastily designed and put together on the Normandy beaches since the Canadians has a deficiency in the numbers of armoured troop transports for fighting south of Caen.