Help with File Extension .BTT

Posted in the tech forum and submitted a help ticket, but thought perhaps some computer savvy folks might be able to assist me on the quick.  I inadvertently associated the .BTT files with Microsoft Picture Viewer and they're no longer functional.  Does anyone know what file/program they should be "re-associated" with in order to make them functional again?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by marklaker

I do not have anything associated with .btt files and my games work fine.  The only time I actually open .btt files is when I have the game up and I either start a new battle or load it into the scenario editor. Neither of which requires OS file associations.  What is not working for you?

I agree with Ian, here shouldn't be any association. The closest approximation might be the game exe but you can't do that as they'd all associate to one game. You don't open the file outside the game application so you should not have it associated to anything.

First off, thanks for responding.  This morning I was rooting around in the CMBN directory, came to the Quick Battle Maps folder and decided to view the map I was using for a quick battle I was cobbling together.  I couldn't identify the .BTT extension with an internet search so I decided to use Microsoft Picture Viewer on the off chance it would display the map.  Unfortunately, my poor attention to detail didn't take note of the Windows prompt asking if I wanted to associate this program with all such files and it flipped them all to this association, to include the .BTT's for CMBS, CMFI, and CMRT.  I panicked, went back to the quick battle in CMBN and discovered the game had crashed.  I assumed it was my meddling with the file association and made a further leap that I'd compromised the utilization of the files across all titles.  I came home for lunch a few minutes ago to let the dogs out and tried to fire up the game on the off chance the wargame faeries would overlook my stupidity and show mercy.  Voila, it worked!  Tried the other titles and their quick battles worked as well.  It dawned on me.....I'm apparently very slow on the uptake.....the game may have crashed because I had the quick battle running when I tried to access its .BTT file simultaneously outside the game.  All my .BTT files are now erroneously associated, but it appears to have no effect on game play. Chalk up at least one instance when my stupidity did not bite me in the a$$.  Sorry for the trouble, I'll slink back to my hole now.