Soviet Storm WW2 in the East

This is documentary made for Russian Television about the Great Patriotic War and the Soviet Army's rise from defeat to victory. It even covers the war against Japan in the last chapter. There appears to be 18 chapters in all. The narration is in English but the maps are in Russian.

The interesting thing about this series is that they are honest about the mistakes made and needles loss of soldiers if that is the truth of the situation. Something that rarely happens in Russia, objective journalisim.

The reenactments of the battles are good and the CGI for the tanks, artillery  and aircraft looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6UWkK2U4s      This is chapter one, Operation Barbarossa.

May we always remember the great sacrifices and losses the Russian people endured in the war. Salute comrades.

I've watched this series on YouTube as well and I found it entertaining. I think that it is a good overview of some of the more important parts of the Eastern Front and if nothing else helps you to get into the mood to play some Red Thunder. Take everything with a grain of salt, but overall there are no serious bias issues or anything like that. I would recommend it. 

I know full well of the "other side of the coin" with the Russian crimes they commited and the suffering. I also remember Uncle Joe was in charge and was the author of the Katyn Forest massacre of the Polish Officer Corps. Not to forget the countless other atrocities he initiated such as the "Blocking Units" used to shoot their own soldiers who fled the battlefield. And as the inhumanity of both sides progressed the SOP became "paybacks are a bitch".

Also look at the U.S. and our inhumanity to our own countrymen during WW2. We dispossessed hundreds of Japanese citizens from their homes and businesses then put them in internment camps. However we let the German decendents run free all over the East and Midwest of the country.

Plus look at modern times. Just because a person is of Middle Eastern ethnicity or practices the Muslim religion puts them under scrutiny.

The first casualties of any war is innocence and humanity.

This is documentary made for Russian Television about the Great Patriotic War and the Soviet Army's rise from defeat to victory. It even covers the war against Japan in the last chapter. There appears to be 18 chapters in all. The narration is in English but the maps are in Russian.

The interesting thing about this series is that they are honest about the mistakes made and needles loss of soldiers if that is the truth of the situation. Something that rarely happens in Russia, objective journalisim.

The reenactments of the battles are good and the CGI for the tanks, artillery  and aircraft looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6UWkK2U4s      This is chapter one, Operation Barbarossa.

May we always remember the great sacrifices and losses the Russian people endured in the war. Salute comrades.

great series.