Help with russians

Waltz

Considering how the more difficult (for US side) scenarios in the game involve a outnumbered US force with nothing more than Stryker infantry against a Russian armoured force, I think the QB prices may need to be slightly adjusted for a somehow more balanced QB gameplay. This is the only way to make things more balanced and fair for the RU side without necessarily diverging from reality (and yes, I do realise that even in reality, the Russians may not have a very big numerical superiority).

ahh idk. the US tanks are pretty damned tough but since ive started almost exclusively been playing Russian stuff in pbem you learn alot and where i was gettng no kills and lucky kills im getting several every game now. like a few brads few abrams and almost all US infantry. Another month i think ill be able to wipe down. its all practice and learning a completely new force.

Considering how the more difficult (for US side) scenarios in the game involve a outnumbered US force with nothing more than Stryker infantry against a Russian armoured force, I think the QB prices may need to be slightly adjusted for a somehow more balanced QB gameplay. This is the only way to make things more balanced and fair for the RU side without necessarily diverging from reality (and yes, I do realise that even in reality, the Russians may not have a very big numerical superiority).

Agreed I just started a thread on this same subject

its incredibly steeper. but dont give up waltz. trust me when you take out an Abrams its VERY rewarding. More tips. In real life BMP equipped units would be vastly stronger than BTR units becuase a human would decide on ATGM use. However of late Ive been toying with BTR 82A tac grps. and each company gets about 10ish ATGMs. Saxhorns and Kornets. If you keep and use all three companies AT element thats a very serious threat to US armor just on numbers alone.

Also from now on Imm buyinh BMP 2M. its the only one with citv (dont forget to break up a command squad or make a scout squad to make bmp 'leaders' but BMP2Ms have Kornets as well.

Finallu Khrizanthemas. eggshell with a hammer. Even small arms fire is a threat. you want long lines of sight and distance and keyhole positions preferably. Put them in ambush theyll kill abrams

Yeah I tried swarming the map in with ATGM's in the two games I have use BTR units, so far they haven't even got a shot off with out dying :(

Hopefully I will have more luck in our next game, now if you would be kind enough to Armour your M1's with the same highly volatile stuff your Russian vehicles are sporting in our old game that would be great.

Yeah I tried swarming the map in with ATGM's in the two games I have use BTR units, so far they haven't even got a shot off with out dying :(

Hopefully I will have more luck in our next game, now if you would be kind enough to Armour your M1's with the same highly volatile stuff your Russian vehicles are sporting in our old game that would be great.

Buy foxholes and trenches for your atgm crews.. Place them at the back of the map to use their range and avoid detection.Use them in houses if using them offensively .. Javelin crews are also spotted easily by t-90AMs at less than 1000 meters

Edited by antaress73

Well lets go with the huge town military outpost one, I am currently defending that in a PBEM, made a few cock ups that my opponent has found but despite having ATGM's all over the shop so far only two have actually managed to get a shot off and they missed

well not all long fields of fire. the key to the tanks for Russians is close range. Close range and preferably from sides. Pleasantly surprised last night. Abrams rolling down a highway kills a T90A another T90A close to it pings it a couple times no penetration Abrams spots and then lower front hull penetration. Cant tell if its definitely KO (i can and will pump rounds into it until it is) but its just sitting there now not moving at all soo.. :D

Well lets go with the huge town military outpost one, I am currently defending that in a PBEM, made a few cock ups that my opponent has found but despite having ATGM's all over the shop so far only two have actually managed to get a shot off and they missed

In our game I am using Crack AT-14 teams in pairs.

Well I finally got a kill of an M1!

It wasn't the crack ATGM teams ambushing ( anything that could hurt an M1 refused to actually hit it) It was a crack T-90 that was running away from some Bradleys that managed to get the kill (While the M1 was distracted shoot at all the APC's yes I was a callous git and left them viable hoping they would give the ATGM teams time to get a shot while getting blown up)

I also have put together a wee check list type thing that may be of use to others after constantly getting to the first turn and realizing I have forgotten something crucial. Any suggestions to add to it are more than welcome:

Force Selection

Do you have enough to deal with heavy armour? (If you do get more overkill is impossible, Russian ATGM's as Crack for all the good it will do)

TRP's!

AA (Even as the US bring it)

FO's (If your Russians you don't have enough, you never bring enough)

Air Controllers (As Russians see FO's)

Deployment

Put the TRP's somewhere sensible where you can't draw line of site easily

ATGM's deployed in pairs and for the love of god check there LOS

FO's where they can actually do some good (Don't expect their drones to last long)

Just check all the sight lines

Have you actually scouted the terrain on the line of advance properly

Remember woods are not the friend of infantry unless they are really thick

Check ALL the sight lines even those ones you are totally sure are fine.