ASLSK gamer wants to buy Red Thunder - SOLVED

I will follow the advice posted in another thread where a member recommended playing the training campaign several times to help learn game mechanics.

Congratulations on completing the first step towards an awesome lifetime hobby.

Playing it again multiple times is an excellent idea, so that everything becomes second nature.

I finally finished off the training campaign.

I have never been a good RTS player since I have very slow reaction times, so I am thankful for the 60 second turn-based option (and the ability to save and continue games!).  Quite a white-knuckle experience (in a good way) hitting the red button every turn and hoping for no major blunders in the plotting for the next 60s.    I will follow the advice posted in another thread where a member recommended playing the training campaign several times to help learn game mechanics.

That's an interesting way to put it - I feel every time I press the red button in one of my PBEM games I'm almost cringing with worry what will happen - and if I totally messed up! 

That's an interesting way to put it - I feel every time I press the red button in one of my PBEM games I'm almost cringing with worry what will happen - and if I totally messed up! 

Bud, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  Against the AI...pffft!  But against a live opponent (especially in a group campaign like at FGM or in Kohlenklau's masterpieces), as soon as I hit the Red Button of Death, it's like "Holy ****, holy ****, did I forget anything?  What did I miss?  How much of a tactics knob am I? ****, damn and ****!"  or words to that effect.  Then, when an hour or a day later when I remember that I did forget to move that HMG team over to the right, or forgot to unhide my sniper, or what have you, then it's "****, ****, ****, what a knob".......