FIFA!

Since it clearly has what can only be called a deeply rooted culture of corruption, I am most grateful our esteemed Winecape, the generous and affable dispenser of South Africa's elixir of the gods since the very first CM tournament ever, the near mythic Invitational Tourney, no longer works for that vile outfit. He was, for a time, a highly trained and duly credentialed football/soccer referee but didn't like it and is now doing? Goodness knows what. Some business venture, I believe. Meanwhile, one of the wineries from whence originated the oenophile's delights he supplied has come on the market. Saw it some some tony mag at one of those self-contained urgent care facilities and had to force my jaw back into place. Difficult considering I was there over a broken tooth! I give you the wine I'll remember for life--though mine was the 2011 version. From whence it came and from whom, how I got it (he loved my posts), and its incredible taste, this one covered the list. It also had, so help me, gunpowder smell in its "nose." What better present for a wargamer?

I really do hope FIFA gets itself sorted out, though it will probably take drastic external action. Something akin to combining an organizational high colonic, followed by cancer surgery--after cranial extraction is successful!

Regards,

John Kettler

How Qatar got the cup:

The rules are simple. FIFA Executive Committee has 24 member who vote in rounds to decide the host. Each member of the committee then goes out to each bidding country and has to extract as many gifts, donations, board positions for family members, advisory roles, donations to your charity, private jet flights, holidays, jewelry for the missus, etc. as they can. The bidding nation that gives you the most, you have to vote for them. If you are exposed by a newspaper during the bidding process, then you are disqualified (two executives were disqualified prior to 2018/22 voting).

When it comes to the actual vote, you can change your mind in the last few days to extract even more out of each bidder. Whichever bidder gives up the most **** to the most number of FIFA executive committee members gets to host the World Cup!

Oh and somewhere in all this FIFA actually hire an outside consulting company to run an extensive bid analysis and they rank each city based on 7 criteria. Nobody pays attention to that though, since Qatar finished last.

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1kf33g/epl_ceo_joins_efa_is_calling_for_fifa_to_take_the/cbov711?context=3

• 4 weeks later...