Can enemy ammo chache be captured?

I have recently noticed that enemy ammo caches (i.e. dismounted supply trucks) are not visible, nor usable to the opposing force. Is that by design or a bug?

In theory, it would be nice to have them visible either as targets (i.e. mission objectives) or just as re-supply points...

Has anyone found a way to make them available to the opposing side in custom scenarios?

Why not just mark their location with a TOUCH or OCCUPY objective and allocate points accordingly?

That's certainly an option, but that still does not provide for a resuply option and it would be nice to have my troops search for it rather than having it explicitly declared...

Are you sure they are not "invisible" because of the difficulty setting?  Ammo dumps don't appear for either side at lower difficulty settings (which is why it is impossible for scenario designers to make their presence essential in a scenario).  The ammo just gets distributed to the parent unit (or is lost if the originating vehicle does not have an on-map parent unit).

You cannot use enemy ammo, vehicles, or weapons.  However, nothing would stop a scenario designer from placing friendly ammo dumps in enemy territory that can then be "captured" (bearing in mind difficulty level problem noted).

Are you sure they are not "invisible" because of the difficulty setting?  Ammo dumps don't appear for either side at lower difficulty settings (which is why it is impossible for scenario designers to make their presence essential in a scenario).  The ammo just gets distributed to the parent unit (or is lost if the originating vehicle does not have an on-map parent unit).

You cannot use enemy ammo, vehicles, or weapons.  However, nothing would stop a scenario designer from placing friendly ammo dumps in enemy territory that can then be "captured" (bearing in mind difficulty level problem noted).

I only play on Iron, so that might have something to do with it; but still it seems like my troops should be able to find enemy ammo cache if it's within their line of sight. I do like your idea of placing friendly cache in enemy territory, would have to play around with that.

Its been a VERY long time since I've looked at this (in a previous title), but I believe you have to be pretty much on top of an enemy weapons cache to spot it but you eventually can... I think. I play too low difficulty setting (warrior) to have much experience with it, myself.