Improvement suggestion

More info in the force selection screen (for QBs and scenarios both) would be very helpful. Especially as the range broadens and it might be a long time between revisiting a particular month (and hence specific TO) in a given theatre. Information on infantry squad composition and things like MG team make up would be ideal. I often find myself having to set up a "parade" to find out which infantry formation I want, and that's a chore when the "deployment" algorithm jumbles the units up as inconveniently as it does.

Some sort of encyclopedia has been asked for in various threads for a long time and i agree...It would be a welcome addition.

When it comes to scenarios...What i think could be an easy fix until we get an actual Encyclopedia (it might not be)......would be to allow the scenariodesigner to add BMP-files to the breifing-text section of the briefing screen...The only option now is to use a text-file (if i'm not wrong).

If the designer could upload multiple picures (brief1, brief2, brief3....for example) and have this be shown as a multi-page section in the breifing-text section of the briefing...The designer could easily include more information on the relevant Equipment (from the manual Encyclopedia)...

Like so...

encyclopedia%20ex_zpsvtnkvbdh.png

The first pages of the breifing text could be the standard briefing text and on subsequent pages some additional information could be shown...

3D preview for QB purchases.

That'd be nice, too, but on a large map, the wait time to see whether your infantry squad has one or two SAW, or whether the "HMG" element is two teams or one, or how big the crew is (so you know whether to get them one jeep or two) is an embuggerance. What I'd like to see is something simple along the lins of "A team: M1917A1 HMG, M7 grenade launcher, 4 other crew; B team: 2 ammo bearers" or "Stummel half track with 75/L24 gun".

That'd be nice, too, but on a large map, the wait time to see whether your infantry squad has one or two SAW, or whether the "HMG" element is two teams or one, or how big the crew is (so you know whether to get them one jeep or two) is an embuggerance..

Maybe the 'unit prewiew' does not have to be on the actual scenariomap...A simple map with nothing but grass... big enough to have room for a mechanized battalion might be all that is needed.

Loading-times on such a map should not be all that long...

Repsol - like your idea! It reuses code and UI that is already there so it might even have a chance to get implemented! :)

Back to something with less chances ;) : the 3D preview should be on the original map because then you can not only see how much and what stuff you just bought but also how it fits into the terrain. What would be extra super duper cool if CM would remember the setup from the preview for the real first turn setup! Then you could iteratively buy and set up your troops and see what fits and what does not.

And while we're asking for moons on sticks with ribbons round them ( :) ), please can we have some way of saving a QB force pick before it's completely done? Pretty please? And a way of extracting the force pick and bringing it back into a different game.