WW2 Squads only occupy one action spot ?

Hi !

Just started playing some WW2 CMx2 again and wondered...do the squads really only occupy one action spot as long as you dont split them ?

Or is this a Bug ?

In CMBS i always get 2 action spots selected (one with yellow square and one with a red square) but not in CMBN (v3.0).

No, and no. I get the same multicolored AS's as I plot movement orders in all the CM games. In fact many squads have three teams and then you get three AS's highlighted. So, I'm not sure what you are seeing. There are a few occasions when a squad might end up in only one AS. I find it happens sometimes after an assault command or if there is only a small space between the hedge rows.

I can see all three.  The two wing action spots may be lighter but usually not difficult to see.  The underlying terrain will also effect how well they show up.  An interesting thing about those wing A/S is that as you move the cursor around the way point you can change the position of the wings relative to the center. 

Edit: With or without the face command the wings can be rotated. 

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Here are some screenshots:

AIlPVR5.jpg

4Uk7NXR.jpg

There are 3 action spots highlighted (US Inf Squad) but two of them are really hard to notice.

I cant be the mods because the color of the action spots is hardcoded as far as i know.

Can you maybe post screenshots to show me how it looks for you please ?

Edited by Wiggum15

Thanks !

Did some more testing and in other scenarios i can spot them easily like in your screenshots.

Looks like it has something to do with time of day and lightning.

The scenario my screenshots are from is called "1- Training Roadblock".

Can you try this scenario and tell me how well you see the action spots for US squads please ?

Uh, that almost looks like a bug to me.

The daytime/lighting should not have such a impact on UI elements like the action spots. :huh:

Maybe we should report that to BFC !

How can you "officially" report a bug ?

Edited by Wiggum15

Uh, that almost looks like a bug to me.

The daytime/lighting should not have such a impact on UI elements like the action spots. :huh:

Maybe we should report that to BFC !

How can you "officially" report a bug ?

If IanL or one of the other beta testers looked at it and agreed that it was a bug I think they have a way to report such things.  Or maybe submitted to the help desk with a ticket.    

MOS, a new pc or, better yet, a better preforming graphics card will help. If you can afford it. These screenshots you posted are blurry and under detailed.

Yes, I agree.  I am on a laptop.  I like it because it is portable.  However I should probably eventually get one of those desktop gaming PCs.  Or maybe a gaming laptop?  I just hate the thought of re-installing all the CM games plus mods............... 

I use a laptop as well, MOS. It runs the game decently on higher settings.

Check out this one:

http://www.amazon.com/GL551JW-DS71-15-6-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-GTX960M/dp/B00T7XRH2A

Thanks Childress.  I went to the site and looked at it.  It looks interesting.  I will put it on the list of potentials.  Maybe I will be able to keep a laptop after all.   :)

Thanks Childress.  I went to the site and looked at it.  It looks interesting.  

I own a higher end Lenovo with an AMD graphics card. Not bad. But the ASUS I linked to is probably 50 times faster. Maybe overkill for CM? But with 16GB of ram, an Intel Core i7-4720H and an NVIDIA GTX960 you can't go wrong for 1100 bucks.

Cool, I never noticed the highlights not showing reasonably well.  Your screen shot sure is clear that they are not in some circumstances.  I guess I'll have to pay better attention :)  I'll check and see if there is a report around.

Yep, it has been reported.

Edited by IanL