T 90s vs Abrams and T72's place

abrams is more expensive, and not by 5%, more like 30-50% , why? is it just better tank than t90, or they are very close, but Putinland just has more of them?

so far my personal experience is:

1 abrams spots much faster on longer distances and kills t90 easily

2 abrams has better active protection system

whats the deal with t72's? are they legit in this day and age against abrams and in general?

i am mostly asking cos of multiplayer,trying to understand strenghts and weakneses and find a sweetspot for both putins and americans

The M1A2 is the better tank by a good margin.  I blame modern FPSes and more conventional RTSes for giving the impression they're somehow equal tanks, but the T-90AM only narrows the gap in capabilities, it does not erase it.  

T-72B3 isn't bad.  Against the Ukrainian platforms it is very capable, and against American tanks...I guess I consider it somewhere around the T-90A in terms of capabilities.  It's not great, but well placed it can still do some damage, and the APS version isn't anything to sneeze at if the American player only has a few tanks or does not have Abrams at all.

whats the deal with t72's? are they legit in this day and age against abrams and in general?

The T-72B3 vs. Abrams is a much closer match-up than T-34-76 vs Panther or Sherman 75 vs. Tiger I. In general, its perfectly fine as far as tanks go.

Edited by Apocal

The M1A2 is the better tank by a good margin. I blame modern FPSes and more conventional RTSes for giving the impression they're somehow equal tanks, but the T-90AM only narrows the gap in capabilities, it does not erase it.

T-72B3 isn't bad. Against the Ukrainian platforms it is very capable, and against American tanks...I guess I consider it somewhere around the T-90A in terms of capabilities. It's not great, but well placed it can still do some damage, and the APS version isn't anything to sneeze at if the American player only has a few tanks or does not have Abrams at all.

+1

And still, there are lots of Russian fanboyz who still claims "my t90 is not that week" or "t90 should destroy m1a2 equally".

All those games sacrificed a lot for multiplay balance. Usual gamers (specially wargame rd and battlefield) never know that, and blame m1a2 supporters as victim of murican propaganda. Im really tired of those fanboys.

+1

And still, there are lots of Russian fanboyz who still claims "my t90 is not that week" or "t90 should destroy m1a2 equally".

All those games sacrificed a lot for multiplay balance. Usual gamers (specially wargame rd and battlefield) never know that, and blame m1a2 supporters as victim of murican propaganda. Im really tired of those fanboys.

They cant be avoided, and every side has them.  Even really strange "contenders" in the modern-MBT tank category often proclaim their tank to be the worlds greatest.  Turkey and India's indigenous projects come to mind.