*split from:* "More Bulge Info! (and a few screenshots...)"

I this behaviour according to the forum rules?

Are you a moderator?

Save the theatrics. You're as transparent as ever and apparently, genetically incapable of hiding the real you. The only question that remains is how long we'll be subjected to this "performance" before the ban button is pressed for the fourth time. You are like forum herpes...just when we think you are gone here comes another flare-up. Other than that, welcome back!

Mord.

Sorry but this comment is just offensive and stupid !

I happen to hold that continued German resistance in all forms led to the deaths of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.  If the 79th just shut up and died faster or surrendered there's lots of folks who'd have lived to see June 1945.  It's not like anything they ultimately did was relevant to the outcome of the war.

The majority of German/Russian/US/British/Japanese losses happened when they were "Vastly outnumbered and outgunned"...

Thats how it works and has nothing to do with being American or German.

But it is highly relevant when talking to someone who is trying to prove "german super soldier!" argument via casualty numbers.  The fact was when the two forces met and one was not dramatically mismatched that the Germans did not own some magic superiority of ability.  This is especially true in the later fighting when the German formations were well filled out with second line troops, former invalids, kids and old men.  The Bulge has a lopsided part that accounts for most of the losses, but when the forces met in battle, in a tactical as covered by combat mission sense, it was not a lopsided goosestepper pride parade.

Is that some kind of insult ?

Whats you problem ?

Sadly i can not downvote your post but you would deserve it

If my opinions were so easily swayed by a downvote on a forum I would not deem those opinions worth holding.  I have nothing but contempt for Germany circa 1936-1945, and while I can have sympathy on the suffering of her people, I can only regard the fate of her fighting men as the price of starting an aggressive, unprovoked war that killed millions.  The persistence of the Germans in fighting for an unjust cause, in an already lost war is infuriating, and they carry their share of Hitler's guilt.

So to that end, yeah.  deutchbags.

@ panzersaurkrautwerfer

That you as a former or active soldier have such a odd way of thinking..."continued German resistance"..."died faster or surrendered"..."It's not like anything they ultimately did was relevant to the outcome of the war". Do you know how the military works, do you know how conscript armies work ?!

What you dont realize is that you bring as much false emotions and grimness into the discussion as the people talking about "superior" german soldiers.

If you hatered for every german soldier and civilian is really that unlimited then i pity you.

One would think someone like you had a much more objective viewpoint...at least after 70 years.

I met many american and french soldiers and WW2 veterans during D-Day and other commemorations, no one displayed any hatred like you do and we (German/American/French Soldiers) showed our respect to every one who died or suffered during the tragedy called WW2.

So take your insults and hatred somewhere else !

Edited by Wiggum15

We really should move on.  This whole fracas was brought on by apparently a case of forum herpes.  I have very strong feelings towards what the proper role of a German soldier of World War Two was.  It doesn't really change the reality of what happened, or what the next combat mission will look like.

Guys I suggest you take this to PM's honestly, this thread has blown way off course.

Posted as I wrote the above!

So on topic:

I'm excited for the later model Shermans.  I've always liked the M4A3E8s.  My first "tank" was a micromachines one of them, and I've always had an attachment for them.  The promise of some of the late war M26s is cool too because it opens the door to some very light alternate history moments, and lets all of us tanknerds play out clash of the titans that sort of goes with that all.  Same with the Comet.

The very ad-hoc nature of all late war formations also promises for some interesting force mixes, which opens the door to so many scenarios.  It's one of the reasons I prefer the late war stuff over the Normandy invasion, because while the Germans were beaten several ways to sunday on a strategic and perhaps even operational level, there's still lots of room for good battles, and the sheer volume of stuff, from high capability late war equipment, to desperate improvised equipment, to stuff that just refuses to die (see the occasional Duplex Drive tank still lurking into 1945, or the M4A1 with mounts for cullins prongs on VE Day) just provides a wealth to draw on.  Not to mention it's an interesting point where the American Army has matured and oddly enough has many of the "veteran" units on the western front, while the German forces are much more a mix of the very experienced (but often wore out) with significant newb forces.

Again Normandy is cool and all, as is Market Garden.  But I feel like we've visited them all several times over, while the last "good" Bulge game I played was Close Combat 4, and I cannot recall any very late war western front games in recent memories.  

I split this thread out from the Bulge thread, since it had wandered way off topic and contained too much bickering.

Steiner's newest sock puppet account has been banned, and we'll go through the rest of this later and assign infractions as needed.