Soviet tank training required destruction of an enemy tank within 60 Seconds!?

NOTE: Mods, I hope this link is acceptable. It is directly and exceedingly pertinent to the discussion being held and isn't selling anything that I can see in terms of primary page content.

I found a way, I think, to get us back on topic. My Russian tank gunnery trawl snagged this grog fest of grog fests. You SB types have been holding out on us and need to be spanked! Simply unbelievable modern Russian tank and ATGM stuff. Tank manuals, tank gun manuals, combat regs as recent as 2006, IFVs, APCs, SPHs, Tunguska, etc. 54 manuals of super topical military-technical bliss. How I wish I knew Russian!  I can scarcely read a word of Russian, but the Combat Service Regulations for Platoon, Section, Tank are an outright gold mine,thanks to simple, no nonsense drawings, schematics and other wonderfulness. When defending in place from field fortifications, where are tanks sited to support infantry? In there. How should you set up an antitank ambush? In there. Anyone interested in Russian map and tactical symbols? Pages of what's what on that. An entire section of the regs, in fact. 

Bonus!

Capabilities and Limitations of the Russian Main Battle Tank

This is an in-depth TRADOC study of the T-62, right down to the gunsight reticles. There are also many direct comparisons between the T-62 and the M60A!, such as gunnery accuracy (by round type), armor protection, ammo load, ROF, and that great bugaboo of CM players, gun depression and its impact on the ability to use hull down positions the Russians can't. There is a telling diagram on this score (p. 17).

www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA392790

Regards,

John Kettler 

Edited by John Kettler

Apocal,

I've long known the game existed, but it was way too rich for my blood, and I never had been to the site, either. Given the Soviet/Russian mania for secrecy, I'm surprised much of what's there was even available in open source. After all, soap production in the SU was a state secret.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 months later...