FLAME WAR HITS CMHQ!!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... the odd thing is that I was in the middle of finally touching up the Churchill/Croc texture set when I saw this thread. Thankfully the camera was kept far enough away from the thing that you can't see that it is still "beta" smile.gif

Steve

I did the pictures.

The houses and trees are on fire because I used the "burning house and burning trees" terrain files and set them up that way..

Steve, I am always thinking that the vehicles are final and then you tell me they are being improved on and that what I'm seeing is still a beta wink.gif. I thought the Churchill was final, it sure looks good enough to me as is... Still, tweak, tweak, tweak is the job at this stage eh?

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Oh, so you can initially set houses and woods on fire! That's a hell of a work saver (heh, pun NOT intended)

In CC2 I was fighting for Son town... Too bad the victory locations I captured could easily fit in an ashtray. Seems like CM will follow the same rule... I have to be a hard fighter, since every town I lose to a PBEM opponent is just a pile of blazing rubble (have you notice that bad habit of the American's? They seek not to conquer, but to destroy!) wink.gif

I guess we can make some good scenarios with that 'burning terrain' feature...

------------------

Regards

Reverendo

Guest Big Time Software

The Chruchill is *nearly* done. Look closely at the side mud flaps and the turret's baggage. Textures aren't lined up with the model, and vice versa. Not a tough one to touch up.

Steve

Reverendo said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>(have you notice that bad habit of the American's? They seek not to conquer, but to destroy!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you have all those Shermans, what do you think the American commander would do if not burn and destroy? smile.gif

Jason

Well that's a point...

Anyway if I had that amount of Shermans I would still be quite scared if I heard the word 'panzerschreck'... smile.gif

Call me Mr.Picky, but I prefer to do things neat and fluffy instead of the media circus I face against my fellow PBEM opponent. The only times he doesn't level towns, he uses his almighty 'Braveheart' tactic, and I have to say it works...

That is, he plans carefully, but then he makes every unit 'Run' and 'Fast move'. About 60% of the casualties I take are from grenades and close-range fire. He's yet to win with this tactic, but I get mighty scared when I see all those men running towards my positions...

------------------

Regards

Reverendo

Reverendo said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>have you notice that bad habit of the American's? They seek not to conquer, but to destroy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then we rebuild everything with better stuff than we have over here. Spend $gazillion on the war, then 2x $gazillion on repairs so our erstwhile enemies can kick our economic ass 10-20 years hence smile.gif.

-Bullethead

Reverendo, as you are not American I probably should have explained my reference.

The Sherman is named after American Civil Waqr General Sherman. He is famous for his drive to Atlanta during which he pretty much destroyed everything in his armies way, including Atlanta.

So my lame attempt at humor was because, for an American force with a bunch of Shermans, it is only natural to blow everything up.

Jason

Sorry lad, I ken good old General Sherman but I had not heard about that bad habit of his... smile.gif There are so many things we Scotsmen will never understand about America... wink.gif

If Panzerschrecks had been invented by the time General Sherman was wandering around, he would have been scared of them too, I'm positive.

Churchill is the one I know best, but I can't either say we're old acquaintances. I'm mostly interested in Montgomery and Rommel (both sides of the strategy coin, not meaning two different styles but a bad general and a good general respectively) smile.gif

------------------

Regards

Reverendo

Reverendo said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>There are so many things we Scotsmen will never understand about America...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe, most of my Scots ancestors were from the Border. They're officially on record as not being worth the cost of the rope to hang them with--the government would just drown them in the Teviot smile.gif. Those that escaped drowning and some of their equally evil neighbors, with names like Turnbull, Elliot, Graham, Kerr, Scot, and Armstrong, came over here and colonized this corner of the US together. So what's not to understand? wink.gif

-Bullethead