who is spotting what?

Is there a way that i can tell which unit is the one which has spotted an enemy - i just ask this and perhaps its the wrong question,, but i played the tutorial campaign to get to grips with the game and which has helped of course, but one thing had me confused:

on the training mission where you need to call on precision artillery to destroy the tunguskas, after spotting them with the fire support team and or jtac, and or other hq in the tower further away, i couldnt figure out why, when i have no units selected, that i can see the tunguska as the vehicle on the map, but then when i select any unit, the tunguska just turns into teh red icon in the approximate area? why does it become more vague when i select the units that i presume are the ones that have spotted it? or is it the tunguska can be better seen when i have no one selected, because i had ordered some drones earlier to observe

is it though possible to use the information from drones if this is correct, to then order artillery strikes? though if i select the person able to order the strikes, then the more accurate information becomes less so - i guess, what i want to just query is what is the best way to get the most accurate information for fire and air support?

thanks

also, is it odd that infantry units just happily walk in front of tanks firing - is this out of line with realism in the game or is it fine because the units are all only still representations and so that little detail is negligible

also, is it odd that infantry units just happily walk in front of tanks firing - is this out of line with realism in the game or is it fine because the units are all only still representations and so that little detail is negligible

It is out of line with realism, but so are infantrymen walking in front of their supporting machine guns or letting vehicles pass through their position at speed while they are dismounted and covered.

Edited by Apocal

It is out of line with realism, but so are infantrymen walking in front of their supporting machine guns or letting vehicles pass through their position at speed while they are dismounted and covered.

In other words, it's a way of reducing the stress on the TacAI: it's not bright enough to be able to avoid clogging up tanks' fire lanes with infantry, so the effects of being in the wrong place are mitigated somewhat by the game engine.