AI bunker deployment in QB

I dont undertsand what you mean, purchase the bunker, yes they come empty, meaning without troops, simply put a half squad in the bunker.

He's buying fortifications for the AI in a QB. He doesn't have any such option. I haven't any advice, since I don't generally think fortifications other than TRP are worth the points...

The AI is smart enough to know that bunkers are no place you want to put your ptruppen.  ;)

Lol, but not smart enough to have the bunker actually face the enemy, or at least position itself perpendicular to the enemy's axis of advance. Last time I picked a couple for my QB enemy...admittedly a rare thing for me...both bunkers were in the middle of the large enemy-held village 180 degrees from my side of the map.  So only if I went all the way around to attack the village from the rear, could they possibly be of any use.