Question about kills per vehicle

The kill information is still available.  Its been a while since I checked it, but if I'm remembering correctly at the game's conclusion if you decide to view the map you can then select your troops and the kill data will show up.  I don't think you can see the kill data while the game is in progress though.

If you have all the CMSF modules,no kill data is available at the end of a battle.All the other CMx2 titles have the kills for men and vehicles though.Would have been great for the CMSF campaign modules but that was the CMx2 engine in it's younger days.

In what way Womble?  I don't see that but maybe I'm not thinking the same way you are.  What do you mean if you don't mind answering.

My thoughts were along the lines of such a feature giving you information about stuff you can't see. If you know there's an enemy squad in a location, say a building, and you're hosing it down with half a dozen units, you could get good info on how many of them you've geeked by keeping track of the killstats of the units firing. That's information you're not really supposed to have at levels of FoW beyond "Basic Training", and would make urban combat, especially, a lot more predictable. It's only minor, so it's not a drastic erosion of FoW, but I don't think there's much value in knowing in-game which units are racking up precisely how many kills; generally you've probably got a pretty good idea that the tank putting AP through-and-through loaded half tracks is going to have the largest killstat, and if it's something like the effectiveness of a sniper you're wanting to assess, it's pretty easy and fairly quick to FFwd through a turn watching for when they shoot (and decrement their ammo count), to see their kills...

Thanks guys.  That will help but sure would be nice to be able to see it during the game but better than nothing.  

There actually is a way, but if you ask me it is also a form of cheating, or at least dangerously close to it. And that is to save your current turn and then call for a cease fire. When the cease fire is enforced, look at the map and you can check the kills of every unit left on the map, friendly or enemy. Of course that gives you all kinds of information you realistically should not have while the game is still in progress. But if you have an iron bound conscience that isn't troubled by the guilt intrinsic to what you've just done, it is definitely a tool.

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys

Thanks for the replies.  I see what you mean.  I was just wondering why you felt that way.  It would be kinda gamey I think they call it and I agree.  In my case so you don't think I would cheap or anything :-))  I solely play 

quick battles and while it's nice to be able to see afterwards it would kinda be interesting to me to see while in game but then I probably play way different than most.