AXIS AAR: CMPzC Operation Eindhoven Road Mini-Battle 2

Bil's minibattle is almost to a close and we have another minibattle to get rolling with. "Lost Eagles".

mjkerner will PBEM H2H against allied team CO NathanGun.

Bil's was numbered #2 but Mark's is numbered #1 due to when they were completed...that will not confuse you guys will it? 

Mark will do his AAR here but just know it is a new encounter...

...he should start tonight or tomorrow...

AAR%20MB1_zpsifm3n93h.jpg

SUPPLEMENTAL AXIS BRIEFING FOR CMPZC EINDHOVEN MINI BATTLE 1 "LOST EAGLES"

**Herr Hauptmann Doktor von Bletchler was called away to a nearby V weapons facility to assist them in a technical issue but is expected back soon.**

It is 0853, you are Leutnant Zonderz, a platoon leader in 3./I./28th Sicherungs Regiment. You have pressed onward on foot with a squad from your platoon and should arrive on the western edge of the map at 0855. Following along 5 minutes behind is another squad and a scout team. 5 minutes after that: your final squad and an LMG34.

The report said that a few allied aircraft had dropped their fallschirmjagers before crashing. 

Check around the area carefully and either wipe them out or round them up. Finish up by 0920-0925.
Edited by kohlenklau

Playing out this battle.. looks like I lost the Platoon Leader.. his team fell to tank area fire.. looks like there are three tanks out there.. hey, that's not quite sporting Phil.  ;)

One team left on the map and they are panicking.. but crawling towards the exit zone.. so fingers crossed this one will end soon.

Pretty soon you guys might be wishing it was just 3 tanks... :D

Yes I have a bad feeling for this next battle (the large one).. Mark will be facing 12 tanks (or so) with very little AT capability.. and almost no long range AT capability (is there any?) plus a lot of enemy infantry.

Good luck Mark!

Thanks Bil,

Well, I figured this hex would get hit big time by the armored thrust.  That's why I toyed with putting the 75mm guns in that hex, but i worried more about a massive air and arty barrage into that hex, and so wanted to preserve them for later use and to cover the flanks.  Similar for putting the Penal troops there...they wouldn't be much of a counterattack force later, so I thought to use them for a trip wire,and to take as much infantry with them as possible. We will see how this battle goes;  they may simply stand and die to the last man.  (Although, I would like to withdraw those 20mm guns if possible after inflicting what damage they can.) The real fight will be in the Valkenswaard hexes, which will offset his armor advantage, and why I wanted to save the better troops for defense/counterattack there.