Command Vehicles

whitehot78

Was reading about them in the manual - IFVs, APCs and MBTs with the K letter.

Do they improve somehow the communications between units? Or lower fire support missions times by maintaining a better link with higher level HQs?

If so, is that something that can be experienced at any other level than iron? (In fact, I play at elite, and was wondering what effect, if any, would they have)

I belive command vehicles have better capacity dealing with support requests, but I never tested it (might be linked to the intrinsic organization of the specific unit).

Other than that, on the maximum difficulty level they are essential, on the lower difficulty levels this essentiality is taken away for the sake of simplicity.

The actual difference for most of those models is just more communications devices, seeing a radio can only listen on one network, a command vehicle needs several to listen to various networks (say Battalion-Brigade-Fires network-and the ability to "jump" to lower networks for more direct coordination if need be).  i think they do better with communications based tasks but that's about it.

In Shock Force at least, having a Forward Observer in the Stryker Fire Support vehicle would knock down the off-map mortar support's (Platoon level I think? Company possibly) call-in time down to just *two minutes*, which was blisteringly fast.

The vehicle was providing a bonus to the FO, since the FO on foot was a little slower, and another unit in the Fire Support Vehicle was slower than the FO in the same - clearly both bonuses were stacking, to a certain degree.

K variants also should act as Constellation-2M hubs I believe. At least this is my understanding about T-90AK. 

Some do, some don't. IIRC, one those without Constellation is the BRM-1K, on the assumption that Russia wouldn't upgrade such an old vehicle with modern equipment. 

I belive command vehicles have better capacity dealing with support requests, but I never tested it (might be linked to the intrinsic organization of the specific unit).

Other than that, on the maximum difficulty level they are essential, on the lower difficulty levels this essentiality is taken away for the sake of simplicity.

From my experience they DO deal with support request better especially UAV getting more spottings compared to a unit on foot.

It works the same way in all settings. The only difference in the levels is the delay times as far as support goes. Veteran is a little faster than iron.

Edited by Vinnart

Ahhh ! So its better to call an UAV from a command vehicule or any HQ vehicule than from Lt. John doe of first platoon.on foot using his PDA to get more efficient spotting from them.

More experienced players might correct me on this, but ideally (for the lack of dedicated FO) - you would want to have Lt. Doe sitting inside a command vehicle when calling-in the strikes.