Question on a couple of Aris Mods

Mods are Panzer Lehr, and 12th SS HJ decals for the Panther and Pz IV.

I have tried everything to even renaming the Hulls I want that display the decals and cant get them to work, anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Example I named a panther hull  "panther-a-late-hull-pzlehr 1"  did the exact with the 12th SS hull and for some reason the Turrets are fine but the Hulls with the decals never appear.

thanks for any help.. sorta wierd, never had issues with mods before.

Semper Fi.

J

Ghost, you can't change the base/default name of the bmp.  Adding numbers is OK because that will give you different iterations of the bmp.  So, take out "pzxlehr" in the modded hull bmp.  If for example it's a Pz IV G, it's default name is "pz-ivg-hull".  You take the modded hull, name it "pz-ivg-hull" and voila!  If you have several variations of that modded hull (IRRC  Aris usually has more than one), then it would be "pz-ivg-hull",  "pz-ivg-hull 1", pz-ivg-hull 2, etc.

Edited by mjkerner

Ghost, you can't change the base/default name of the bmp.  Adding numbers is OK because that will give you different iterations of the bmp.  So, take out "pzxlehr" in the modded hull bmp.  If for example it's a Pz IV G, it's default name is "pz-ivg-hull".  You take the modded hull, name it "pz-ivg-hull" and voila!  If you have several variations of that modded hull (IRRC  Aris usually has more than one), then it would be "pz-ivg-hull",  "pz-ivg-hull 1", pz-ivg-hull 2, etc.

Seriously this is getting out of hand, and I have had nothing to drink.

Ok I checked out for example the Panther G.  Aris vanilla hull was 'panther-g-hull" I took out all the ones I had renamed and re-inputed Aris mods back with a different number on the end.  Example "panther-a-mid-hull_HitlerJugend 2"

inputed for the Panther G the following:  "panther-g-hull_HitlerJugend 1"  The base Hull is still there as well.  'panther-g-hull"  Obviously for mor flavor so they are all not the same.  Did a test and nada.. All of the Panther G have the same vanilla Hull, and none of the Panther A-mids were different as well, just with the regular vanilla.

So I am at a loss.. mods are not difficult, and this is the first time dropping anything into the z folder has had issues.

Edited by GhostRider3/3

Ghost, the problem you're having is adding the name of the division to the default name.  You have to leave the bmp default name alone, just name Aris' mod's bmp's (whichever division you want...say, the 12th SS) as the default name,  "panzer-a-mid-hull" and you can add numbers to get the variations of that hull, assuming there are some in that mod,  "panzer-a-mid-hull 1"  "panzer-a-mid-hull 2", etc.  Put it in your z folder, and it will override the default bmp with that name.  Don't add anything words to the mod bmps, just numbers.  IRRC, Aris sometimes names his bmps with the division name or other names just so you know that that bmp is a variation.  You have to remove any words he may have added to the default name.  I thought his readme used to alert users to this.  Maybe not on all his mods.

So, give it a try...make certain the modded bmps have only the default names.  You can check these by rez-exploding the .brz files in the Game's Data folder, the same place you'll find the Z folder.

Good luck.

Ghost, the problem you're having is adding the name of the division to the default name.  You have to leave the bmp default name alone, just name Aris' mod's bmp's (whichever division you want...say, the 12th SS) as the default name,  "panzer-a-mid-hull" and you can add numbers to get the variations of that hull, assuming there are some in that mod,  "panzer-a-mid-hull 1"  "panzer-a-mid-hull 2", etc.  Put it in your z folder, and it will override the default bmp with that name.  Don't add anything words to the mod bmps, just numbers.  IRRC, Aris sometimes names his bmps with the division name or other names just so you know that that bmp is a variation.  You have to remove any words he may have added to the default name.  I thought his readme used to alert users to this.  Maybe not on all his mods.

So, give it a try...make certain the modded bmps have only the default names.  You can check these by rez-exploding the .brz files in the Game's Data folder, the same place you'll find the Z folder.

Good luck.

Well I started from scratch.  The panther D, A early and mid work fine, although the only decal set was for the Panther A mid.   Panther G turrets are fine but the Hull for the 12th SS will not work, never shows on any tanks at all.  Loaded an entire Battalion of G, and A's.  Found out that the Panther A Late must be corrupted because the Hull shows vanilla stock, while the Turret, tracks etc are modded.  This was all loaded new and unzipped and popped into the Z folder like I have done 100 times before.

Anyways, thought I would give it ago, but no bueno.. something must be wrong, because this is not rocket science.. lol.. anyways spent enough time going back to Red thunder.. everything works fine there.

MJkerner is spot on - except for one thing: There are no files with the number "1". It is "pz-ivg-hull",  "pz-ivg-hull 2", "pz-ivg-hull 3", etc.

Edited by umlaut

MJkerner is spot on - except for one thing: There are no files with the number "1". It is "pz-ivg-hull",  "pz-ivg-hull 2", "pz-ivg-hull 3", etc.

Copy that.. no Marine can just leave his units in half ass shape.. I went back and deleted all Panther Files and started from scratch.  Downloaded the files from the Repository instead of GreenJades.. which is an awesome site.  No issues now, I have all the Decals working on all the Panthers, and the strange anomoly with the Panther A late is now gone and is working fine...

Once again the Limey's and Canadians will press the attack in one of the most beautiful games on the planet. thanks for everyones assistnance, much appreciated.

Semper Fi

J