Why are QB maps incompatible with PBEM opposite forces QBs?

Today I tried to start a Red Thunder QB with an opponent, me Axis, he Soviets. We wanted to do an Attack QB with me attacking as the Axis and him defending as the Soviets using one of the QB maps included with the purchase of Red Thunder, specifically  "Open Farmland-Forrest Attack 006".

When we started the game, with me attacking as Axis, my opponent's forces were only given the small strip of land normally relegated to the attacker to setup in.

Is this "working as intended"?

If so, would someone be so kind as to list all the QB maps included with RT that work properly with an Axis PBEM attack?

Ok thanks for the replies.

The strange thing about it is I tried the same map as a single player game with me defending as the Soviets and the AI attacking as the Axis, and it gave me the proper (large) setup zone for my forces, but when I try to use that same map in a PBEM, my defending Soviet opponent only gets the small attacker's setup zone. Grrr.

I'll try loading it in the editor.

It really is a PBEM only issue. One thing I have done in the past if @Vanir Ausf B simple save method does not work try this instead: Open the map and switch the setup zones to match the way you want to play. The bug seems to trigger when you have made an attack / defend choice opposite to the maps original setup. So if the map has red as defender and blue as attacker but you want to have blue defending then you can circumvent the bug by creating your own version of the map and manually swap the setup zones. If the objectives are not symmetrical then you will need to adjust them too but often they are in a QB - just check to be sure.

It really is a PBEM only issue. One thing I have done in the past if @Vanir Ausf B simple save method does not work try this instead: Open the map and switch the setup zones to match the way you want to play.

Interesting. When you switch the setup zones do you also switch the attacker/defender in the Battle Type or leave it?

If you are on a PC and your opponent a Mac --or vice versa-- have the PC player load the map into the editor then save it. The same player then initiates the PBEM.

I don't guarantee that procedure will work but it has fixed this problem for me in the past.

Hi guys,

noob question  !

There's no compatibity problems playing pbem in CMRT

using on one side a PC windows and a MAC in the other side ?

Thank you