Machine Gun deployment in buildings.

z1812

Is anyone else finding machine guns take a lot of time to set up in buildings?

In my current PBEM, I moved 3 medium MGs into position. 2 in woods and 1 other into a building 2 turns earlier. The ones in the woods set up within 2 turns. The one in the building still is not set up after 4 turns.

This is normal. The time delay for a setup of a heavy or medium weapon is factored in. It is an approximation. It is expected that it will be challenging to find the proper platform, such as a table or chair, etc., to put the machine gun on to have it situated properly to point out of a window or some other opening.

All of the other Combat Mission titles handle this the same way.

It should take two full turns (2 min) in buildings. There is a not fully resolved bug that sometimes causes MGs to enter into a deploying loop where they reach the end of the 2 min cycle, then start over again. If this is what you are seeing, please post a save or PM me.

It should take two full turns (2 min) in buildings. There is a not fully resolved bug that sometimes causes MGs to enter into a deploying loop where they reach the end of the 2 min cycle, then start over again. If this is what you are seeing, please post a save or PM me.

Thanks for your reply. The machine gun finally deployed. It took about 4 tuns. I will keep an eye on this and post again if I encounter the problem.

I thought the deployment loop was an abstraction for being unable to find a chair or table and convincing Pvt. Timmy to let us use his shoulder as the tripod. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing a PBEM. I put 2 MG's in the top floor of a 5 story building. They were taking forever to set up.

I moved one to the 4th floor. At the same time I had 2 small teams on the move. One to the 5 th floor and the other to the fourth floor of the same building.

With all the teams and the MG's in place they still did not set up. So then I moved the Non MG teams to different floors so the MG's were completely alone on different floors.

By the end of the next move they had both set up.