Aircraft Sound Mod

Gents, I've recently tried AKD's sounds mod and Vien's SFX mod and I'm very impressed. Those mods add a lot to the game.

I was wondering if anyone ever thought of making an aircraft sound mod. The missile launches, rocket runs, and gun runs could be vastly improved. Also it would be really cool if there were different sounds for different aircraft, ie.. a Mi-24 Hind should sound different from an AH-64 Apache. A F-16 Falcon should sound different from a SU-25 Frogfoot.

Is that possible?

EDITED: I was able to save it. This is what I wrote:

Not really. The sounds are all labeled the same with a number after them which makes them random (Ex. helicopter 1, helicopter 2 etc. ). You could technically load up just a Hind sound file for all the helicopters if that's the helo support you picked for a scenario, but if the AI or your opponent has helos in their force selection you'll hear the same thing for them. A scenario designer could do a mod tag for a specialized battle, say, but still the opfor would not be able to have that particular aircraft (jet or copter) in their arsenal without the sfx being shared.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Even with the vehicles it's hit and miss. The engine idles are all shared, and certain movement engine sounds get shared. Not that big of a deal until you start modding them with particular ideas in mind. It'll get worse though once they start adding other nations. You'll see what I mean pretty soon. I am working on something as I write that will highlight my point.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

There's the same problem with tank engines, you can't tailor the sound to the single tank type, and that's a pity, since you could manage to get a lot of real sounds.

There are some exception, such as the Abrams, which has its own turbine sound.

But, for example, the engine sound I managed to get for the T-64, which is the real deal, will be used also by the Bradley...

How did it work in CMSF then? I'm sure I used sound mods to change the engine noises of almost every vehicle, including all the add-on packs.

Depends on the vehicle...most had their own sounds, some were shared with Syria. ALL engine idle sounds were shared across the nations.

Mord.

But, for example, the engine sound I managed to get for the T-64, which is the real deal, will be used also by the Bradley...

You sure about this? I have been messing with the files all day and the T-64 is using the mod I made and the Brad is using another. There's only one T-64, right?

Mord.

Oh, yeah, I gotchya, I had the moving sound in my head when I typed that. Yeah, the Abrams is the only vehicle that gets its own special idle file, everything else is shared across the different nations.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Oh, yeah, I gotchya, I had the moving sound in my head when I typed that. Yeah, the Abrams is the only vehicle that gets its own special idle file, everything else is shared across the different nations.

Mord.

In my opinion, unique sounds like that really add to the game.  It would be really cool if each vehicle and aircraft had its own sound.

In WWII titles, how cool would it be to hear that shriek of a Stuka or that unique P-51 engine sound?  Same thing for Modern titles with different attack helo and fighter/bomber sounds.

One day!

Has anyone attempted a mod on CAS request chatter? The stuff in the game is technically (although now outdated) correct. But some updated and more realistic chatter would be really cool.

As a point of reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibdw_UQM5-c

Is there anyone who can do that calm fighter pilot voice?