Silliest Stories of ingame Battlefield Mishaps

A single Javelin took out two of my T90A's that were parked side by side yesterday. Always leave at least two action squares worth of space between your vehicles!

It's CMBN rather than CMBS, but ye' old grenade drop is always a good-'un:

Lol it almost sounds like he says doh!

Last night, quick battle on a small map. My Russian troops were trouncing the Americans everywhere. All that remained was one small hill objective to take. The flat area of that hill (where the objective is) was probably just barely bigger in size than your typical floor area for a big multi-story type building with some light forest on top.

I did not have any artillery available and I couldn't suppress it by normal means because of the elevation. I only had infantry so I figured my only option was to brute force it with large numbers and hope for the best......then as they say......the slaughter began.

My troops were being picked off right as they crested. Bang! one guy down....Bang! the other falls...so on and so forth. I was so pissed off because all I could see on that hill was some surviving American crews who left their vehicles and an HQ team and all could hear was what I thought was pistol shots. So I couldn't understand why my teams were having so much trouble. Finally, mercifully for me, the Americans surrendered.

Turned out there was a sniper on that hill. His two buddies were killed in the assault but the sniper himself remained undetected for the entire affair. He was shooting people point blank range as they came on the hill. He survived and I don't think he missed a single shot. That sniper had 31 Casualties to his name! He single-handedly turned what could have been a total victory into a Pyrrhic one. Mind you, I still got a major victory in the score screen but I was not happy Grrrr .

Edited by Chazz

I drove a BTR80 into the line of sight of an unseen Tunguska. I almost fell out of my seat at the sound when it fired. Good lord.

The 1/2 dozen red crosses that appeared in the follow seconds told me all I needed to know.

Man do I suck at this game. Have tried 2 small scenerios, and can't ever win. Even repeating them. Ugh.