Craft & Played first Battle, Russian Reco Platoon vs Sniper Section

slysniper

Well that was a good start to seeing how the new game is playing.

Played it Hot seat and the Snipers were deadly. The fire fight started somewhere between 300 and 400 meters.

6 American snipers with 6 others vs an recon platoon .

When it was done 19 downed Russians to the loss of 2 Snipers.

Best Sniper Team had 12.

I can hear the debates coming , are they too good or not good enough. (I can see testing in the near future to see some stats.)

For sure they are not the sharp shooter we had in WWII (A world of difference)

Edited by slysniper

I had the 3 teams covering a rail line that had cut a wide opening through the woods. The Russians had to cross that to move onto a objective. There were Drones for both sides to aid in finding and locating the enemy.

The fire fight started by allowing the scouts to cross uninterrupted and then the teams opened up when the had two fire teams somewhat visiable as the main body started to cross.

The Russians then countered by trying to set up a base of fire along the tracks and then once they had recovered. tried moving units to flank the snipers through their woods on their right flank.

So , no this was not set up to be a slaughter feast for the snipers, but it turned into one. The Russians just could not put any accurate fire on them until the flanking unit closed the distance to a few of the units.

If they had grenade launchers I wonder why they didnt use them. Suppresing fire is key to advancing did they not even attempt to do that?

They were using them. Nothing ever fell on target, a few close calls. But not a single hit. Plus, once the Russian units were putting heat on a spot. I bugged out - Best spots always have a exit plan

They were using them. Nothing ever fell on target, a few close calls. But not a single hit. Plus, once the Russian units were putting heat on a spot. I bugged out - Best spots always have a exit plan

Very important ! Planning and choose action/retreat path is definitively part of victory without too many casualties.

One thing to note, the drones would not have been much use trying to spot a stationary sniper team in cover.  However a platoon moving in the open would have been picked up quickly by the US drone.

Actually, it was a hotseat game, so I can inform you that the Russian drones did pick up info, before I moved. and then as you mentioned, when I did move he did get some hard spots.