Game Play Questions

Guest Big Time Software

Usually a crew bails out due to too much damage, so there is no remanning it. For example, an immobilized tank with no main gun is a sitting duck smile.gif Another reason is if a tank tanks 2 crew casualties it is almost sure to be Abandoned. A tank can function fairly well with a 4 man crew, but 3... not really.

Steve

Guest Scott Clinton

How about a tip from you guys used to the graphics?

What are those 'little' blasts that keep popping around my 251s (mainly) in the "Last Defence" scen? Mortars? Look pretty small...60mm perhaps?

Guess I will find out when I over-run there positions in about 10 turns. wink.gif

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Guest KwazyDog

Scott, Id say you hit the nail on the head with the 60mm smile.gif Wait till you see the chunks some of the larger artey thoughs up

Watch your halftracks around those mortars, I lost a couple to them last night. Hehe, I also had a few hits on the Tiger, but that old girl really didnt mind smile.gif

Mine did! (mind, that is) First shot from one of the M-18's penetrated the front hull. Five seconds later, a synchronised blast from hell rocked one of my Stugs. (all 3 M-18's fired at once at him) I was not happy about my Tiger.

Those little pops are 60mm mortars.. Just wait till you see BIG stuff land.. It's pretty awesome.. BTW.. To US players.. mortars can't really kill many infantry BUT they are great for:

1. treebursts as the infantry move through the woods. (will definitely kill infantry)

2. firing at assaulting infantry. It will pin and cause casualties and help you IMMENSELY in breaking up enemy attacks.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

RE: Crew remanning:

Not to counteract what Steve says but unless I am totally off base, this very thing happened to me in a scenario I'm testing. Three renaults going down a wooded lane run into a bazooka ambush. The first one blew up, the second was hit and immobilized, the third was hit and abandoned. Secure in the knowledge that we were safe from tanks (you could see the black suited crews running about) I could concentrate on defeating the enemy infantry (which had suddenly become less aggressive). Then a few turns later all the sudden this tank starts up and begins shotting up the area!. Now unless I was totally off base (possible) that tank was recrewed once the crew got their hudspuh back. I even seem to remember my troops engaging the enemy crew which was hiding next to the tank for a few turns. Morat roudns were falling around them. COuld tey ahve gone back to the tank for cover?

Los

LOS,

I've never seen a vehicle get recrewed. Is there any possbility you miscounted the number of crews? (I've done that myself in games of CM) wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Fionn, it's a possibility. But if the crew had been in the vehicle and it had been functioning it would have either continued to move on the objective or at least continued firing, (as it had been doing up until it was hit) which it did as soon as the guys popped back in. It was dead for 3-5 turns, within clear view of targets it could have engaged. But who knows? Unless Steve or Charlie comes back that it's an impossibility due to coding, then maybe it's possible?

Los

What does the hunting orser for AFV's do?

What effect does the move fast order have on a vehicle?

HQ's. What is their function? Is there Command Control? WHat is the heart symbol on a HQ mean?

In the first scenario I defended the town as the Americans. The German tanks were way off on the map edge. I never ordered a unit to attack the AFV's, Yet, somehow three were destroyed or disabled. What happened?

I order a unit to target another unit and then it starts firing om another unit often at some distance away. Why?

Bill

Bill I will field a couple.

1) In the first scenario I defended the town as the Americans. The German tanks were way off on the map edge. I never ordered a unit to attack the AFV's, Yet, somehow three were destroyed or disabled. What happened?

ANSWER: 3 M18 Hellcats showed up and chose those juicy german armor targets, shot and destroyed them. That is exactly what you or I would do if we showed up on top of a hill overlooking a raging battle. We would identify key targets and eliminate them.

2) I order a unit to target another unit and then it starts firing om another unit often at some distance away. Why?

ANSWER: In general, with command and control, you issue a command to control your troops, they will follow the command. In real warfare that only goes so far. Much of war is fought by individual actions, bravery and initiative. When a juicier target presents your unit may take initiative and target the new enemy. Possibly the current target was suppressed and a new target was firing on your unit in question or any other unit. Maybe the new target just appeared and had a higher percentage of being hit, i.e., out in the open. In any case, it is accurate.

Hope this helps.

Sincerley,

Richard Kalajian

Hunt order -

orders your AFV to move to the waypoint at decent speed and look out for targets. When it spots one (usually another tank or AT gun) it will stop and engage.

Move fast -

the vehicle will go at top speed to the waypoint. It will spot MUCH worse and generally NOT stop to engage targets, just try to get the heck to the objective...

HQs -

yes, there is command and control. You need to keep the HQs close to their subordinate units, otherwise those units will have tremendous delays in executing your commands.

The heart-symbol:

select a HQ unit and hit the ENTER key. You will see a line that says someting like this:

Morale+1, Stealth+1 etc...

These are the unique abilities of leaders. The heart symbol is a graphic symbol to show you their abilities (heart stands for morale+1 I think, and a heart in a yellow box stands for morale+2)

The rest Los aswered perfectly already...