Triggers and Time Delay

hello everyone.

Say I was curious as if anyone has a video tutorial showing how to apply triggers and using the unit time entry and departure feature.

Not that I find the manual to complex, but maybe I am more hands on.  If anyone could post a quick video that would be extremely helpful for me and I know a few others on how to properly use triggers and the unit time delay feature where you have them arrive at or by a specific time and then exit.. which I cant figure out for the life of me.  plotting down a nice waypoint is nice but I want them to stay at one place for awhile before assaulting, or hunting to another point, but I don't get how to apply the time feature for units.

thanks for any assistance on this.. great new feature with triggers, just want to be able to use it right.

GR

I don't know if this covers the specific question asked, but I think it's the only video covering the use of triggers out there.

I am a little puzzled by the question though as the use of the timer generally means a trigger is not required. Can you be a little more specific as to what you are after ?

P

Edited by Pete Wenman

No video but some advice.  Check out a QB Map or two in the editor.  You'll be able to see how to apply the time delay/trigger command in the Scenario Editor/AI and Mission/Terrain Objectives (that's where you paint the triggers).  Good Luck

Thanks Mark, I will check this out and experiment, the editor has always been pretty easy to understand, sometimes you have to look at it from a different perspective.  thanks again.

GR

I don't know if this covers the specific question asked, but I think it's the only video covering the use of triggers out there.

I am a little puzzled by the question though as the use of the timer generally means a trigger is not required. Can you be a little more specific as to what you are after ?

P

you hit it just right.  Wanted to learn about how to create Triggers.  Big help Pete, they should sticky all those videos as a Map editor tutorial section.