New Here!

Hello all, I figure now will be as good a time as any to introduce myself here! I stumbled in here earlier this week, from a link someone posted to the Sudden Strike message board, and am I impressed by what I see here! THIS is the game I have been waiting for, for years. Looks like a phenominal product, BTS, I eagerly wait the beta demo.

Thomm,

i believe the "pre-order bonus" will expire when the demo goes public (not sure if this means demo or BETA-demo). Anyway, there has been a big post on this topic, believe about a month ago. I suggest you look that one up.

Take Care

PanzerShark

[This message has been edited by PanzerShark (edited 10-22-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Slazzari, welcome! Glad you stopped on by smile.gif

Thomm, yes... once the demo is posted the preorder special expires. The poster/discount is there as a reward for "orders on faith". Once the demo is out, faith will be replaced with fact wink.gif

Steve

Just a comment on the pre-order bonus offer... The order screen makes is seem like the demo being refered to is the officail demo...

This offer is good until Battlefront.com states it is no longer available (roughly 2 weeks before Combat Mission ships). Your credit card will not be charged until the day we ship your copy and poster out to you. Pre-orders can be canceled anytime before your order ships without penalty, but see our Purchase Policy for more details.

Since I had heard that the timeline was that the offical demo would be released about 2 weeks before final, then has this changed?

(Or better yet, does this mean we are really close to 2 to 3 weeks before the final?) smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mikeydz (edited 10-22-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Mike, good point. This was written up a LONG time ago when we had planned on only releasing one demo. However, the concept behind the removal of the offer is the same. Once you guys get to see it first hand, there is no longer an act of faith when placing the order. Sure, it isn't final, but it is sure close enough.

2 weeks for full version? Boy, don't I wish! I could use about a month's worth of sleep and a year's worth of exercise!

Steve

Welcome aboard slazzari. I think you will find us an engaging bunch to say the least. You are smarter than the rest of us -- showing up just before the demo. We masochists have been here for months begging, pleading, offering compromising favors and the like trying to get our hands on the demo. Some have even been checked into mental health centers for onsetting nervous disorders -- not ME of course (tic, twitch, tic, <duck> what was that, did you see something?!!!!).

Seriously, you have parachuted into wargamer heaven and the harps are just about to be passed out. Lucky dog.

Pixman

------------------

Fact is the enemy of truth. - Don Quixote

'[Y]ou have parachuted into wargamer heaven and the harps are just about to be passed out.'

If there was a box for this game, this would be the perfect quote to put on it.

Speaking of heaven. Waiting for the demo reminds me of people who do things like predict the end of the world or the return of Jesus. We just keep repeating the mantra

'Any day now... Any day now.'

Only I'm a little more confident of the demo coming out in the next week than the end of the world. smile.gifsmile.gif

Jason