BFC and modders: Mysterious new vehicle textures in VP

My bad

It was simply a case of me never noticing before.

I have done lots of vehicle mods - without ever noticing this:

When you make more versions of the same mod - for instance u304(f)-3-hull

- and rename them sequentially, like this:

u304(f)-3-hull

u304(f)-3-hull 2

15209085033_c0f677ee8b.jpgicons

Then parts of the textures blend randomly. The gun shields from the first version will appear on version 2 and the back door from version 2 will appear on version 1 - etc

15830047232_57814d4372_c.jpg304

15643326727_190489d3ce_c.jpg304 2

Apparently this isn´t something new at all: I just never noticed before I begun modding the u304(f)-3. So I thought BFC was about to launch something exciting.

Sorry about the fuss.

WAD for ages. Biggest issue I have with textures now is that you cant force turrets and hulls to stick together. So tac markings or alternate pain schemes end up as mix and match so you cant do (e.g.) a set of tanks with individual markings on turret and hull and expect them to match. I would love it if BF could alter the system to add a letter, or decimal. So Hull 1, hull 2 etc are picked randomly, as are turret 1, turret 2 (i.e. 4 combinations for that example). But Hull 1.1 or Hull 1a has to be picked with Turret 1.1 (or 1a). So a set: Hull 1a Hull 2a and Turret 1a and Turret 2a gives 2 combinations that match.

The clever bit would be combinations: Hull 1, Hull 2, Turret 1a, turret 2a, mount 1a mount 2a gives the following:

Hull 1, Turret 1a and mount 1a, or turret 2a/mount 2a

Hull 2, with both the above (i.e. 4 options but all options have matching turret and mount)

the you could have Turret 1a and 1b, mount 1a means you have mount 1a but with either turret etc etc. If properly designed the options would be endless...

I want a system that enables proper Ge tank numbers 111, 112 113 etc (no more than 1 of each in scenario) and different colours/marks/mud etc) rather than bespoke random types...

My bad

It was simply a case of me never noticing before.

I have done lots of vehicle mods - without ever noticing this:

When you make more versions of the same mod - for instance u304(f)-3-hull

- and rename them sequentially, like this:

u304(f)-3-hull

u304(f)-3-hull 2

Sorry about the fuss.

So thats whats happening.. I was starting to think something was up when my mods for MG34 started to blend. This explains it :)

EDIT: Im seeing this in FI btw.

....Errrm.

Well, since this thread has sort of lost it´s original purpose (and to deflect attention from the blunder of starting it in the first place), I´ll use it to raise a couple of questions about the u304(f)´s

1) Why are the bmp´s of the u304(f)-2 named u304(f)-7 in the bmp folders? A simple error - or a fiendish scheme?

2) The bmp u304(f)-3-interior seems to be unfinished:

15831130472_d264b911ca.jpg304 interior